Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Where did you get them?
My local Petco had them. Normally wouldn’t buy fish there but the tanks were is good shape, all fish looking healthy, and these guys were super active and no signs of stress or damage to mouth areas which is a big issue you have to watch for.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Very nice setup, love the aquascaping!!!

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
Thank you.

Had an idea of what I wanted to try and accomplish with the rock and this is how it turned out. I think it will look great once corals are in and grow out plus lots of space for fish to hide and make home.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Reactors plumbed. Carbon and PhosGuard with one empty for future use.
79F8A289-D10F-406D-A9F8-49F8878A7CFE.jpeg
71A6BAD0-9653-4AFD-9669-36464302D36B.jpeg
E6331425-F9A0-48BF-9DD5-EFAE97C9F895.jpeg

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Finally caught the Midas blenny from the tank in the basement. He was the last fish to relocate to the new tank and my wife is happy, that is her favorite fish in the tank.

Now I can move the 100+ head Duncan as well and start fragging all the softies in that tank before eventually breaking it down.

So happy to not make water for two tanks in the near future!

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not long after this last post I had to pull all the fish and treat for marine velvet. Lost a few fish but all are healthy and back in the display. Also started adding more coral to get things filled out.

Attachments

• 60B6D934-9ABA-4E59-8508-BF6721C6C4E9.jpeg
    60B6D934-9ABA-4E59-8508-BF6721C6C4E9.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 0

ssdawood

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Not long after this last post I had to pull all the fish and treat for marine velvet. Lost a few fish but all are healthy and back in the display. Also started adding more coral to get things filled out.
Was it those petco fishes that did the number you think.
After reading your post how you bought them at Petco I wanted to try petco too.

Sorry for your loss.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not long after this last post I had to pull all the fish and treat for marine velvet. Lost a few fish but all are healthy and back in the display. Also started adding more coral to get things filled out
Was it those petco fishes that did the number you think.
After reading your post how you bought them at Petco I wanted to try petco too.

Sorry for your loss.
Probably. Never QT’d fish before and always had success but lesson learned. Never buying from a chain store again and never going direct into the tank again.

ssdawood

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
^^
You can buy. Just quarantine them. Sometimes you get a good deal.
Bro if you run a humblefish regimen etc nothing is getting thru.
For corals it's a different story. I am still trying to setup quarantine for them. Water quality maintenance is biggest hurdle for corals. I don't know how do that yet.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Was taking a picture to try and count how many heads this Duncan has become. It’s about the size of a large grapefruit.
1670194346272.jpeg
1670194346272.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: