NycId

Active Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
6   1   0
Unfortunately I've seen that it's becoming the normal here after many many years on this site. My recommendation when selling something ask for paypal or any other type of payment in that form. If no payment is left then it's to whoever shows up to get it first. People are less likely to flake or play games if you have their money already. Me personally anybody who I've purchased from I always offer to send paypal so they know I'm serious. I don't like wasting people's time and i hate it when it's done to me. Also it would be great if the feeback system was changed up alittle. I would say feedback should be left but unfortunately I see that anyone can leave negative feedback on your page even if you did nothing wrong so unless they change that up that can also hurt the one who was left flaked on. Just my .02 cents

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Unfortunately I've seen that it's becoming the normal here after many many years on this site. My recommendation when selling something ask for paypal or any other type of payment in that form. If no payment is left then it's to whoever shows up to get it first. People are less likely to flake or play games if you have their money already. Me personally anybody who I've purchased from I always offer to send paypal so they know I'm serious. I don't like wasting people's time and i hate it when it's done to me. Also it would be great if the feeback system was changed up alittle. I would say feedback should be left but unfortunately I see that anyone can leave negative feedback on your page even if you did nothing wrong so unless they change that up that can also hurt the one who was left flaked on. Just my .02 cents
It’s typical... most on here are good..
But there are way too many getting things whole sale and saying they have had them and so on.. like coral and fish...
then u have people taking pics and when u get the item it’s microscopic... I’ll be setting up another private FB page for real
Enthusiasts, real tanks That are here for the hobby first, then selling/trading second.
I usually have good experiences but some people on here are really pathetic.. I won’t name names, but trust me.. a lot of a know who u all are and we spread the word.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
A ton on here lack communication skills..
All they have to do is say sorry, it’s sold, sorry I can’t make it,(a day before not right before)
Or hey, I don’t think this item
Looks good, so I can’t sell
If to you.
But people don’t change... they need their 5$ profit

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
I’m used to buyers flaking. Like said in earlier posts if someone asks me to hold something for them I require a small online deposit which usually deters the flaked. But recently I’ve had buyers flaking. Sometimes it’s a newly posted item and I reach out and get no response and then see guys bumping it days later or you set up a deal and agree upon everything and then the day of the arranged transaction they ghost me. Idc if they sold it as I am a believer in first come first served but all they need to do is respond that it’s sold. Guys are so used to people flaking on this site u basically have to assure and reassure the seller that you’re serious. They definitely need to update the feedback system so we can have a better idea of who we’re dealing with.

grsfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have had mainly good experiences. You have to expect that there are going to be some flakes/ not reliable people just like with anything else in this world when dealing with people.... if everyone just had respect for each other than things would be great

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
I’ve been on this site probably longer than most of you and there have always been a small percentage of fakes, flakes and flippers. I just keep a mental note not to business with them again. Thankfully most aren’t on here anymore ....but the overwhelming majority of people I’ve dealt with are good and if it weren’t for MR I wouldn’t have met them so I’m very grateful ...thanks MR

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
95% I dealt with are great. I even remember 1 or 2 strange ones that was done after midnight, lol! even the 5% are not that bad, but that happens anywhere like ebay,amazon,etc... you just steer clear next time.

stanboy67

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s typical... most on here are good..
But there are way too many getting things whole sale and saying they have had them and so on.. like coral and fish...
then u have people taking pics and when u get the item it’s microscopic... I’ll be setting up another private FB page for real
Enthusiasts, real tanks That are here for the hobby first, then selling/trading second.
I usually have good experiences but some people on here are really pathetic.. I won’t name names, but trust me.. a lot of a know who u all are and we spread the word.
Think we may have ran into the same guy lol.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: