What do you think is the best way to kill/eradicate aiptasia?

• Dose with Aiptasia-X

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tacson

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
C6AAF8FB-E23D-4BD3-8436-7BD2C253366E.jpeg
Not sure the name of this fish .. at first didn’t bother any aptaitia but after awhile I noticed slowly disappearing, took a month for it to remove all the aptatia.. doesn’t bother Any corals too ..

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Berghia nudibranchs work well but you need to make sure there are no fish or pests in the tank that will eat them.
Is there anything that does not eat them? When I got some the first time around I was told "oh no, no fish eat them!" Then as I was acclimating them to come out of the plastic container they are shipped in... my filefish got into it (despite everything being dark), and decided to cut the middle man. He ate 6 in a row before I could do a thing.

Likewise, I read somewhere that copepods eat the eggs so... game over when it comes to "establishing a big colony as they will breed"

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Wrasses will devour them. The only thing I can definitively tell you is that none of the clowns I had would go near them. And since that is all I had, I bought two rounds of 10+ nudis from the above listed companies. And after them I gave away a lot and sold at least $120 of them once they reproduced.

So if someone can actually manage them as a service, basically almost all aquariums will need them for a month.

Last edited:

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Wrasses will devoir them. The only thing I can definitively tell you is that none of the clowns I had would go near them. And since that is all I had, I bought two rounds of 10+ nudis from the above listed companies. And after them I gave away a lot and sold at least $120 of them once they reproduced.

So if someone can actually manage them as a service, basically almost all aquariums will need them for a month.
Yes it feels that in a tank with predators, (in my case, I believe it was mostly predation of the eggs that prevented them from breeding... and possibly the filefish again), you would need almost a monthly replenishment setup. Obviously not something that is possible with the usual prices.

If I had room I would set to 5 gallons to breed them there, and add them from time to time to my main tank.

Salted

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This method is great if the aiptasia is away from other coral. I got some 60ml syringes from amazon. I took out just a couple of ounces of tank water. I put it in a small bowl and brought it to a boil in the microwave. I quickly sucked the boiling tank water into the syringe, brought it to the tank and squirted it directly on the aiptasia. Dead and gone and never seen from again.

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
Wrasses will devour them. The only thing I can definitively tell you is that none of the clowns I had would go near them. And since that is all I had, I bought two rounds of 10+ nudis from the above listed companies. And after them I gave away a lot and sold at least $120 of them once they reproduced.

Hey Josh, I can't seem to find the names of the companies you referred to. I need to get some.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
I use aptasia x.. works really well.. like 1 a month or every few.. then h get more and I Turkey baist blast my rock.. so it’s like gardening to me, just pick the weeds once a week or when needed… it’s really not a big deal.. and I’m dealing w a 7x3 foot all sides viewing tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: