D

DEEPWATER

I used chemi clean for some unwanted red algea ,i did what they said to do ,change 20 % of water ,i did 30% ,,put back a new bad of chemi pure and a bag of reef carbon ,,how long before my skimmer stops smikker so so so so much ,i think i out a 5 gal bucket to the overflow on my skimmer filled it up in about 5 mins ,,how long is going to take place

D

DEEPWATER

i had the skimmer shut when using chemi clean ,the threatment is done ,turned the skimmer on now ,but its off ,i cant sit here for that long ,

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
the skimmer skimed out 5 gal in 5 mins ,,in the rate ,ide change my tank all 90 gals in less then 1 1/2 hrs or so ,

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
levels are great ,salinity is 10.24 .10.25 ..gonna do another water change soon ,ans see how skimming gos ,if all works out cool ,,if not just leaving off the skimmer till next week ,and a do a 5 or 10 gal water change every 2 or 3 days ,

rozin4145

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ronen, This Z, i got the tank from Matt and wet/dry system,lights, 2 pumps,rocks, crushed coral, stand and canopy, i am very pleased. I stained the stand and canopy and it looks very good. Matt is a real good guy and it was a pleasuse doing buisness with him and i truly thank you for making this connection possible. Regards. Robert Zinnamon.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not a prob z ,,as long as you get a good deal ,and not the LFS get us ,that what count saving money enjoying the hobby ,,this is the way to enjoy it ,,if you would of gone to a LFS it would of cost you lots ,and for what a plastic box ,,lol,,,
have fun with it ..and dont rush into putting fish in ,,take your time ,all you have is time so dont rush the cycle ,,let eveything do it on its own ,,good luck

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
hey ronoan. i used shemi pure in my 75 and had the same result. it should take over in about a day or so. that was it for me with a fish only tank. regarding the skimmer just let it do its work until it slows and then turn it down. the job will be done . let me know whats going on
matt

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
nycmat said:
hey ronoan. i used shemi pure in my 75 and had the same result. it should take over in about a day or so. that was it for me with a fish only tank. regarding the skimmer just let it do its work until it slows and then turn it down. the job will be done . let me know whats going on
matt
hey matt
whats up ...well its been a week or so and 60 gal of changing water ,,20 gals everyother 2 or 3 days ,,,if i let the skimmer work i wouldnt be able to leave the house ,idw have to make up like 60 gal of water the way it was skimming ,it a bit better ,,but now it seem the pump that i was using is pumpimg to much water ,looked like the chemi clean did its jog wel on eveything ,,,have to get a 1/2 pvc valve a reduce pressure fromt he skimmer pump ,,if its not one thing its the next
BTW hows the Angel fish doing

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
the schribbed is doing very well now. that lateral is pretty much all gone. thanks for the garlic extreme. i mixed that with the vita chem and its going great for all of them.
is the chemi pure in for your reef tank??
give it a littl emore time and turn of fthe skimmer and you will love the results when you see what it does. when you do turn it back on then do another 25% water change.
matt

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
hey ,,im water changing freak this week ,,,
bu it does some type of wonders ,,i thnk i see my corallin under that crap that chemi took off ,,,but still no booming of corallin so its cool ,,
and for some stranger reason ,my return pumps better now ,,chemi cleans does some wonders let me tell you ,,all my pumps are pumping stronger now ,it good for return ,but not for the skimmer ,,

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
good to hear that verything worked out in your tank ,,that garlic is great ,,i have been using it since i started my tnk and wouldnt stop for any reason ,its like a hospital tank in your reef ,,lol

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
i agree with you expensive but damn worth it. you were right about it. also coraline algae take a while to show up. it will get there keep it up. hows the cal reactor that i never got hooked up doing for you?? keep with it ronan it wil get there. i know mine will eventually. Z is a good duy and i hope to see my old tank soon to see the job he did. i did the best i could for him because of you. yeah chemi pure is great in my FO tank that i had. not sure about it for reefs though. did you check out my album?? i uploaded some on this site. i am trying to learn more about this site as well as i can

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
not a prob z ,,as long as you get a good deal ,and not the LFS get us ,that what count saving money enjoying the hobby ,,this is the way to enjoy it ,,if you would of gone to a LFS it would of cost you lots ,and for what a plastic box ,,lol,,,

WOW thats some anti LFS talk

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
not at all ,,,just need to save money ,,why pay a LFS extra when i could save my friends money going though diff sites,,I.E ..bi-ionic calcium 2 parts ,5 gals each ,,from internet ,,80 to your door ,LFS 180 or better ,,,,,miracle mud ,internet ..60 bux to your door ,,LFS 100 plus ,,reef cystals internet 41 bux to your door ,,LFS 65 plus thats just the start ,it gos on ,,,,nothing about ANTI LFS ,,just pro saving money ....dont take it all worng sean ,,,
but LFS get pricey ,if i could cut out some cost why not ,,

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Sean said:
WOW thats some anti LFS talk
since ive started uing internet buying for my dry good and pumps etc ,,
ive save lots and learned the hard way from LFS ,so nothing against you ,

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I guess you don't see the value of a "Mom and Pop" type LFS.
not all of them are trying to rip you off.

A lot of MR are regular customers of mine and I appreciate them and I'm sure they appreciate the service I provide.

End.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: