albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
that allowed me to hook up my canister and my HOB skimmer. right now I am only running mechanical filtration in the canister and still need to put in carbon...So between that and the skimmer (which has been working overtime from the move) things are great in my tank...... I'll let my two betters chime in if they want, but I think it is wash.
A WASH????? adding a skimmer???????, WELL, I don't like to 'make waves', so , since you ARE using carbon, maybe you should AT LEAST do a charcoal drawing for me! :splitspin

waltercat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
A WASH????? adding a skimmer???????, WELL, I don't like to 'make waves', so , since you ARE using carbon, maybe you should AT LEAST do a charcoal drawing for me! :splitspin

Well my move kinda jacked up the experiment anyways. I had some big die offs with my xenia so I had to take every measure I could to export nutrients.

waltercat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
SOOOO...:scratchch, is that a NO to the charcoal drawing? I certainly don't want people calling you...Welshercat! :tongue1:

Well we can figure something out. I wouldn't suggest a charcoal drawing, I don't really do much of that. How about this painting:

http://johnstires.com/wp-content/gallery/aquatic-paintings/Banggai-cardinal-final.jpg

But that doesn't necessarily mean that you will get the artwork. There was one other guy who was in on the bet. It would be a random pic between you 2. I'd ask one of the admins to do it so it would be fair.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Well we can figure something out. There was one other guy who was in on the bet. It would be a random pic between you 2. I'd ask one of the admins to do it so it would be fair.
Well that is a VERY nice offer (even at a 50/50 chance)....However, I hope you know that I'm just 'bustin' them. I agree, that all bets were OFF, because you had to move, and do whatever was necessary for the good of your tank.....Don't forget me, if in the future, you decide you want to gamble with your paintings again! Alfie

waltercat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Well I've been considering giving MR members a friends and family discount on my work, which really isn't that expensive in the grand scheme of things, so if you're ever interested, let me know.

Anyways back to the thread, I'll post some video of my tank soon. I just cleaned out my skimmer and man that thing pulls out some nasty gunk. I'm tellin you guys, you gotta try a skimmer out. I am so happy with my tank right now.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: