• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Today I went with the 250watt DE Reeflux 10K's. I am getting two of them. I will let everybody know what I think with pic and observations.

Another quick question, :) , how do you guys go about burning in your new bulbs? I've done it over the years, but wonder if I am doing it correctly.

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
It time for me to buy MH bulbs!

I have 3 - 250 HQI DE pendants. Now I have 2 ushio 10K and one AB 20K (center).

Would anybody have any suggestions for my lighting? Has anybody used/tried the Reeflux 10,000K M.H. DE bulbs?

Today I went with the 250watt DE Reeflux 10K's. I am getting two of them. I will let everybody know what I think with pic and observations.

It's almost a year later! Time flys and it is time to get new bulbs again.

So the reeflux 10K DE bulbs didn't work out well. I don't recommend them! They seem to need a Blueline ballast to have a crisp white otherwise they are more yellow on an electronic ballast! Also they seem to not last for very long, since I ended up going through two 250 watts bulbs in the time it took a Ushio/BLV bulb to get old. Actually the Ushio/BLV is still a beautiful crisp white.

Anyway, what bulb to chose? :banghead: Thinking about settling on the Ushio/BLV 10K but am thinking about the 20K listed here. Anybody have these?
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...duct_Code=20k-250HQI-AB&Category_Code=mh-250w

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: