• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
dont overfeed the tank, kent marine sells something that will reduce it to 0 asap but it only last for 2 days. rowaphos is long lasting and doesnt re-release anything back into the system. phosban works faster and make sure the media is ok. make sure nothing is dead in your system either. just some suggestions

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Also, keep in mind that in theory, nutrient reduction should be proportionally reduced by the amount of a water changed, assuming you aren't adding nutrients. In a tank that size, water changes are probably cumbersome, but look at these numbers for a minute:

100g change (20%) - Reduction 2.50->2.00
100g change (20%) - Reduction 2.00->1.60

With 2 water changes, it becomes much more manageable. Just remember, the bigger the water change, the more significant the impact.

250g change (50%) - Reduction 2.50->1.25

These numbers are accurate in a perfect world, but you should see a pretty significant change with a few big water changes even if they're not exact.

Also... double check your meter to be sure it's accurate.

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
well after another 100gal water change friday and shop vac my sump off all fish poo and another 250ml of brightwell phosphate-E and installing my phosband reactor i came down to .22 from 2.5
the only problem is i think i overdose this brighwell stuff b/c i lost all 3 athaithes i had, not sure if it was from me cleaning the sump friday to get all this crap that sitting there not moving that made my ammonia go from zero to .25??
My problem now is i cant not feed this beast sohal tang i have because he needs to get feed everyday!!!

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: