• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Supposedly Kent Tech M has some sort of algaecide in it that kills the algae. I tried raising my MG with ESV and it didn't change anything. Raising my MG with Kent killed off the bryopsis in a few weeks.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Supposedly Kent Tech M has some sort of algaecide in it that kills the algae. I tried raising my MG with ESV and it didn't change anything. Raising my MG with Kent killed off the bryopsis in a few weeks.

well i got about 15% left of bryopsis. everything has died, and im using ESV. hair algae is finally dying. my mag is now at 1700. only thing that SUCKKSSSS is for the first time ever in that tank, i got ick. wonderful. my spiny box got a bunch, and not clown trigger got a few on his fins. ughhhhhhh

sjlesq

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
i have used tech-M on bryopsis and it works. does not work on hair algae. I had a very bad case and brought the magnesium level up to 2000. it will kill your snails and inverts slowly at that level in my experience. fish and corals are not effected.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
well no inverts nor snails in the tank as it is, so thats ok. they would not last 2 seconds with my clown trigger.

just for S&G, i was just wondering, what would you say the highest mag level could be done before fish started to get effected or harmed?

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
well, today is january 21. its been 21 days since i started dosing ESV magnesium. my magnesim levels are up to 1950 and have stayed this high for a few days now. i am now at 98% dead on bryopsis and about 99% dead on hair algae. im going to let it stay like this for another week, then lower it down to 1600-1650. i guess there is nothing left to say excpet YAAAAA NOOO ALGAE!!! lol

here is that origional rock i keep posing pics of full of bryopsis...
IMAG1067.jpg

and here is the full tank...
IMAG1068.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: