• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I am soo jealous of you now!!! I lovemy 50d but I cantshoot video!!

You need to learn how to shoot manual, setting your shuter speed ad aperture and iso. A big part coms down to white balance though. The blue lights always make the acmera shoot wrong. Just like reefing. It is goingto require a little reading

Sent from my Piece of crap Sprint Epic

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
For now that lens should be fine, the macro is for those close up of smaller corals. You should be able to get great shots with that lens. I was going to get the lens but the wife convinced me not to and i am not going to say how. But when i need on i will just rent on for the weekend... Its about 40 bucks to rent it so its not so bad.

But YES you need to read the manual in order to know the camera lingo. Afterwards you will know where everything is and eventually know what setting work best. Just make sure you make use of the camera cause the more you use it the better you get and the easier it gets to manually set at your desire.

Good luck, your gonna love the camera! Atleast once you get the hang of it... lol

Last edited:

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Now get lightroom, its easy to use and you can edit those pics that didnt come out so well. If not kodakgallery.com has a free app that lets you load all your pics, edit and order. They have alot of dif photo paper you can use too.

Enjoy and post your pics!

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Snapfish is good but i find kodak to be better. I mean i havent check up on snapfish for a while but at the time i found that kodak has better quality paper and you can even pick the paper.

Yeah lightroom is a computer program you install on your Mac/PC. Its a great program...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: