Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5962df2e5e747bf335f77f8e148e16ec.jpgimage.jpeg

The pictures above were provided by Jesse and Joe of FishLife Aquariums. This is an E24 that was installed on one of their customer's tanks. The picture on the left is the day of install, May 2nd. The right picture depicts the Chaeto growth after only 5 days! (May 7th). Starting PO4 reading using a Hanna meter was 0.13 ppm on day 1, by day 5 it was 0.04 ppm.

Thank you FishLife for the documentation of this install.
Please contact Joe at Fishlife Aquariums or Pop Corals for prices.

T

Last edited:

cryptics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
This thing really works. I picked up one of the beta reactors off a member and had the guys at Pax-Bellum outfit it with the new LED lights (Beta was a T5 bulb). I set it up 6 days ago. My PO4 was at .23 and my Nitrates were at easily 100+ (I hate trying to do the color comparison on the test). I am using the Hanna checker for PO4 and Sailfert for Nitrates. As of yesterday morning my PO4 was .14 and my Nitrates were at 2. I put two bags of Chaeto in to seed the reactor and it has easily doubled in the 6 days. I never expected to get this type of results in under a week. I run the light on the reactor 16 hours a day. When I started using the reactor I changed from having my skimmer on 24 hours a day to just running it the 8 hours the reactor light is off. Only other thing I am running right now is carbon.

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thing really works. I picked up one of the beta reactors off a member and had the guys at Pax-Bellum outfit it with the new LED lights (Beta was a T5 bulb). I set it up 6 days ago. My PO4 was at .23 and my Nitrates were at easily 100+ (I hate trying to do the color comparison on the test). I am using the Hanna checker for PO4 and Sailfert for Nitrates. As of yesterday morning my PO4 was .14 and my Nitrates were at 2. I put two bags of Chaeto in to seed the reactor and it has easily doubled in the 6 days. I never expected to get this type of results in under a week. I run the light on the reactor 16 hours a day. When I started using the reactor I changed from having my skimmer on 24 hours a day to just running it the 8 hours the reactor light is off. Only other thing I am running right now is carbon.

Fantastic! We are always excited to read such great results with our products! Would you happen to have any pics of the A.R.I.D. beta up and running with the LED retro?

Flipper

Relaxing on the Reefin
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
in almost 2 weeks time I have filled up the reactor with cheato....now comes the cleaning part.....

The reactor does pickup a fair bit of organic ditrus but mainly attributed to me stirring the sand bed.

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in almost 2 weeks time I have filled up the reactor with cheato....now comes the cleaning part.....

The reactor does pickup a fair bit of organic ditrus but mainly attributed to me stirring the sand bed.

Have you been able to run some tests to quantify the performance of your ARID E18? PO4 levels and ph day and night from two weeks ago and now? How was your experience in setting it up and cleaning it?

Really appreciate the feedback,

T

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: