cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
So after failing to win the ARID nano today at the swap I bought one on the way out. I am very excited as I got the color I wanted and get to try this impressive piece of equipment/art on my AIO reboot to frag tank.

Big thanks to the whole ARID team!

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Here is a quick picture. Sorry for the photobomb:

20150308_002505_zpslv4ytsyu.jpg

Here is the test subject. Its a CK AIO 20x20x14. Currently running no filtration just heater, power head and live rock (not even using the back AIO chambers). Never tested the water before (will tomorrow). Inhabitants are a golden angelfish, yellow coris, picasso clown, black ice clown and blood shrimp.

20150308_003216_zps4ieaameb.jpg

Last edited:

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
They produced two in time for the frag farmers market. One went to auction and despite trying really hard and not winning I bought the other. I wanted white anyways and raffle one was red. Ive used the bigger version before with good results but in a nano its hard to have enough chaeto.

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They produced two in time for the frag farmers market. One went to auction and despite trying really hard and not winning I bought the other. I wanted white anyways and raffle one was red. Ive used the bigger version before with good results but in a nano its hard to have enough chaeto.

Indeed! The more chaeto the better! That was one of the hardest design fences we had to jump over, how to get enough chaeto into a small footprint and course with it, proper lighting and flow. One of the biggest questions we get asked is how long will the LEDs last, as many know, LEDs are mostly effected by high temps. So needless to say we had to pack this all up in a small box with an elegant wrapper.

THE NE Frag Farmer's Market was the Debut of the NANO. Up until that point we had kept it tight to the chest. We are proud of our finished product and happy that CMANTIS will be one of the first to the Give the the NANO a spin!

I hope you enjoy it!

-Leo

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We actually had produced 5 in time for the NE Swap, you came home with the last one!

Nano Specs-

12 Watt HO LED assembly

150 GPH Flow Required

Can be run in HOT mode as seen here, or Stand Alone

0-40 Gallon Capacity

----Good Luck!-----

-Leo

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Tristan or Leo,
I was at your booth Sat and was trying to get some info on the A.R.I.D. A young lady was helping me but didn't exactly know the recommended flow rate for the 24 or what the larger model was. This was the size recommended for 186 gallon system.

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tristan or Leo,
I was at your booth Sat and was trying to get some info on the A.R.I.D. A young lady was helping me but didn't exactly know the recommended flow rate for the 24 or what the larger model was. This was the size recommended for 186 gallon system.

For the Enhanced 24 we recommend 250-350 GPH flow rate. A MaxiJet1200 or Mag3 does the trick nicely if you are not running it off of your main pumps manifold.

-Leo

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which show will you at next, NERAC?
Are the display models for sale at the shows or do you bring a few boxed inventory to the shows?

TIA

We will most likely be at NERAC unless all the wheels fall off my car or some sort of family event, but unfortunately we do not have a table. However, look for us in our Green Tie Dye Shirts and we can discuss what is best for your reef and the financial commitment.

-Leo

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
You still running this?
Curious as your thoughts.
Im thinking to invest in the next month or so, just trying to figure out the best set up, as I want it in my cabinet. an external pump?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: