John D Hirsch MD

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have attached a photo of an O.R.A. red goniopora frag which I acquired in 2013 and is now volley ball size. Next to the red goniopora is a black tang who was acquired in 2011 and is fat and happy. How about some photos from readers of their oldest and healthiest tank inhabitants.
Doc

Attachments

• ORA.jpg
    ORA.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 377

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Paul ?? Where are you ?

STOP. dont call him in yet.... let some people live in the spotlight before he comes in and crushes all of our dreams. haha.

Oldest thing i had in my tank was my toadstool leather before I sold it. I had it since 2004, so it was about 11.5 years old. Its now in SIReefer's tank so he can take the bragging rights. I still have some other corals that i added at the same time as the leather such as polyps and mushrooms, but i dont count those being that i cant really be sure that the original polyps are still in the tank or if they died, were sold or what not.

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
reefiness- good call, your right. Oh yes, by the way. I collect old small metal/chrome framed aquariums. This one is an 7 1/2 Gall. Metaframe, with working light. Sorry I know it's a bit off topic. But kind of cool. Thinking a few Hippo's would look good in it.

Attachments

• Meta frame.jpg
    Meta frame.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
reefiness- good call, your right. Oh yes, by the way. I collect old small metal/chrome framed aquariums. This one is an 7 1/2 Gall. Metaframe, with working light. Sorry I know it's a bit off topic. But kind of cool. Thinking a few Hippo's would look good in it.

Not sure if youre talking about hipo tangs or actually hippos. Either way i think about a dozen or so would look nice in there.

salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
old metal frame tanks

i have an old 3 gallon if your'e interested in it.

clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My 15yo doctor fish tang died today. Not sure what happened. Been breathing rapidly for a week. Been thru a lot with this fish as it's been in 7 of my tanks thru the time I had him. Was a stray caught on the south shore. My vlamingi was following him around most of yesterday and this morning getting him out of trouble, off my vortechs and out of the rock work. Literally pulling him by the tail out of cracks he got stuck in. The Vlamingi got my attention this morning and I finally isolated the doctor fish in a drop in isolation box. Vlamingi tangs are much smarter then I thought. Ohh well

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: