Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeanz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My tank caught a bad ick breakout and Im parting out... Im going back to freshwater and I need to get rid of two angels one blue face and one blue angel both about 3.5 inches they have been exposed to ich if you think you can treat them there both yours for 50 bucks i just want a little something back to cover my loss send me a pm if interested.

danelam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I agree. Even if they've been exposed they might not necessarily have it. But I understand how you feel. When I have probs like this I always feel like "Why did I get into this hobby?" And then I look at the tank and it really is wonderful, and therapeutic in an odd way. Try and treat them for the ich, and give them lots of TLC.

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Don't give up so easy.If you qt'd in the first place the odds of tank getting would ich would have less.Something to think about.FYI freshwater fish catch ich also!

Mario

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give them both a fresh water dip and get yourself a cleaner wrasse, that should help.

Cleaner wrasses do no good. Infact they starve to death. As I understand it, they should be left in the ocean.

With ich, I have had success with keeping the tank in total darkness at least for two days. (Garbage bags etc over the tank, no lights). If this is possible, it seems to help them get over the ich depending on how bad it is.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
With ich, I have had success with keeping the tank in total darkness at least for two days. (Garbage bags etc over the tank, no lights). If this is possible, it seems to help them get over the ich depending on how bad it is.

Ich isn't photosynthetic...they're a parasite
Can you give a reference to how you believe this may work?

Last edited:

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
freshwater dips dont work, they just stress out the fish even more, just QT and raise the temperature a bit if u can, lol and freshwater gets ich too like grknyer said. :Starwars:

gman107

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are they showing any signs of the ick? or just in a tank that had it? if they have no signs of it just seperate them from others and see what happens feed them well and you might get lucky.keep your diplay tank fish free for a month and the ick will cycle itself out.unless they have ick really bad you can turn it around,have a little faith what freshwater fish compare to the two angels you have now....NONE.

150reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Then get ready to flush then down the toilet after they are dead and the cleaner wrasse a few days later.

Sorry but from my experience and please dont go by the date that I setup my 150 or the date I joined this forum, I have kept fish on and off for quite some time. A quick freshwater dip will help and most cleaner wrasse's will not peril, I have had a cleaner wrasse for quite some time and has been eating brine shrimp voraciously when not cleaning fish. By the way cleaner wrasses do not strictly survive off of parasites, but will feed off dead sclaes and other conditions that fish may have.

Sorry but the flush of fish and death of cleaner wrasse has not been my experience. No need to comment on my behalf, I just needed to defend my original post.

Now if you can please give your expert opinion to help this person.

Tito

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yea - here's my expert opinion to the original poster. Only you know what your wallet can take. I have decided to leave salt too as well. I simply CANNOT justify loosing my hard earned money on very expensive fish. Sometimes we get lucky and sometimes we don't with these fish. I'm also thinking with all of these opinions being thrown maybe someone should buy the fish for $50 and restore them to health. Another thing, yes freshwater fish get ich but often times they are not much expensive at all. If you feel it's time to get out by all means do so and good luck with the SALE since that is what you originally desired!

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Fresh water dips and baths don't do anything to get rid of ich. Ich can last in fresh water for a very long time also ich, that is in the fish body and gills, will not be effected by the fresh water dips or baths.

Though some Cleaner wrasse may last for up to a year most die within a short time, even when they're eating. And brine shrimp isn't a good enough food source to keep a fish alive. As for cleaning parasites from fish, well Cleaner wrasse can't rid a fish of ich, especially in a closed system which we have. Most fish also don't like Cleaner wrasse picking scales off their bodies, as it irritates them more than anything.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
My tank caught a bad ick breakout and Im parting out... Im going back to freshwater and I need to get rid of two angels one blue face and one blue angel both about 3.5 inches they have been exposed to ich if you think you can treat them there both yours for 50 bucks i just want a little something back to cover my loss send me a pm if interested.

I know you want to get some of your money back but most people aren't going to pay for a fish that needs to be treated for a parasite, especially since most people don't even have room for QT tank as it is.

You may want to work out a deal where you give the fish to someone and if they can cure the fish they would then pay you for it or you could pay someone to cure the fish and then you could sell it.

Scion_TC2005

RALLIART 2009
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Cleaner wrasses do no good. Infact they starve to death. As I understand it, they should be left in the ocean.

I disagree I have a Regular Cleaner Wrasse that is over a year old and is very healthy eating flakes and keeping my tangs ick free. I also have a red sea cleaner wrasse that I had for almost 2 years and it only eats brine and flakes. so it depends on the individual fish.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: