• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

joe

Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
nice pictures russ!
hard to tell from the picture the proximty of one coral to the other but ya might wanna push the micro farther from the echinata as they are KILLERS.

good luck fragging, the echinata should be easy(i know youve done hat b4) (;

im curiouse to see how ya do on the micromussa...im sure yyoull be great!!!

good luck!!

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Reefer420 said:
how far do you recommend keeping an acan from zoos, etc? I didnt' think they had tentacles that went far...

I think Joe was referring to me. When you see the size of a 4 polyp micromussa, you'll realize you won't have any trouble finding a place for it. I just hope nobody here is expecting anything larger than about 1/4" x 1/2" max. All 4 polyps, fully grown polyps by the way, not babies, will fit on the rock that size.

Russ

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Ok, group members, I just wanted to let you know I went out to get the proper cutoff wheel for my Dremel today. I wanted to make sure the surgery went perfect, so I picked up:

Dremel 545
Diamond Wheel $14.98

Features
Designed to last and not lose its shape or break, it provides smooth, fine cuts.
Applications, Cutting, sawing, carving, sharpening and filing hard materials?including marble concrete, brick, porcelain, ceramics, epoxy and hard woods

This bit should do the trick:

Attachments

• Dremel diamond wheel.jpg
    Dremel diamond wheel.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 85

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
froggiebunbun said:
Good luck with the fragging Russ. I know I dont have surgeon's hands with my pudgy fingers. :)

Thanks, I sure hope it goes well froggie. I've got $360 worth of polyps on two tiny rocks to cut up. I think I know why Tigahboy wanted $40 per polyp to frag these things. :beer: <<< See how fast that beer is going down! If I screw this up, that will look slow :D

master

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Welcome back Jon. Hope your trip was great. The frags look super. I'm thinking about fragging very soon. They made the cross country journey in great shape.

Thanks for your help. Post some GOOD vacation pix.

Russ

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Pre fragging of the micromussa

savager, Deano, Noodleman, InkBlue I'm posting a pic of the micromussa before I frag it. I just want you guys to see what I'm dealing with. :help: :help: :help: :help: I am pulling my hair out, not to mention stressing over this $200 'colony'.

Not feeling so 'masterish' right now.

This is what has to be fragged 5 ways

Attachments

• micromussa colony measurement.jpg
    micromussa colony measurement.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 90
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Masta
Sit back for a few ,and say

WOO SAAAA WOOO SAAA WOOO SAAAA
You can do it ,Baruch ata ,,,,,,,

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: