• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
PLEASE READ POST 31 where I am keeping track of the actual order for IC Glue.

. . . . and the second order being placed at Post 34 for additional tubes.

I am ordering 1 and 2oz bottles of Maxi Cure from Bob Smith Industrues. 1oz are $4.85 and 2oz are $9.50.

Post online here if you're interested in gettin on this group buy. Payment must be received before I order since I ate 9 bottles the last time from people who never made good on thier commitment.

I am going to order sometime next week.

House

Attachments

• maxicure+.jpg
    maxicure+.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Why not go directly through the company? Get alot of the IC gel.

I don't like the maxi cure, you can glue underwater like the IC gel.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Jim,

Is this the IC glue ?

ic_gell_s.jpg
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]IC-Gel Adhesive [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]IC-Gel Adhesive...............$5.99[/FONT][/FONT]

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Shaun, are you saying you can glue with IC submerged? That's the one thing I've been haggling over. I have some hard to reach places that I don't want to use 2 part epoxy on and I haven't been able to mount anything there.

Jim, sorry for the 'jack, I figured this was a good place to get some answers and possibly create some interest in your GB.

MS

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
kasie that's the good sh!t.

I need more IC also, who's in, who's ordering,
Jim thanks for the assist, lol :D
we can move this to a new thread...lmk

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I will take 10 of the IC glue if you guys are going to do a GB. Paypal on the ready dude. :) What's the best price that you saw Jim? I got that price from the search internet page.But I think that it is the same stuff Tony from Reef Exotics has and at the same price ($6).

Lets get this going and try to setup a purchase date of this friday.

Kasei

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
K,

thant is the good, stuff and yes you can glue it underwater BUT it is .5 oz in that tiny tube and is 4x the price if you price it out over 2oz.

Buying direct from them doesn't happen unless you are a hobby shop (I asked about it on behalf of MR, they said no (to me).

If the hobby shop has the ones I need, I'll get them. If not, I'll have to find and am willing to go on with this product on the group buy.

LMK if that bottle is the 20gm tube.

Jim

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
House, will you be able to order the MC and the IC from your vendor? If so, and you're able to offer the choice, we might be able to get a whole lot more GB participants.

I would need whichever product allows me to glue underwater. If it's IC, then so be it. LMK

Thanks for tackling this,

swimmer

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Dre,

Looks like everyone is looking for the IC and not the maxicure -

All, I may have found it for $5.19 for a 20gm tube before shipping and will let you know when I call them on Monday. If they don't have it in stock, perhaps they'll order it and drop ship direct from BSI- I'll ask.

I'll update accordingly.

House

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Russ, the IC gel can glue underwater! It is great for placing frags on big rocks on your tank, on the starboard (if you BB) or on the walls of you tank. It rocks! and is the only glue that I use on my tank. You can actually sculpt you reef under water with this stuff. Anyway, Jim it would be fantastic if we could get a GB together, I'm good for at least 10 tubes!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: