• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

D

DEEPWATER

Berghia Nudibranch !!Aiptasia eaters

A member asked me to do a GB for these ,I will take 3 or 4 myself ,

trying to save on shipping ,here is the Link to the website.

http://www.saltyunderground.com./ordering.htm

Do to 2 guys Fing me on the last GB ,I will not order if i do not recieve payment .

pick up will be in brklyn ,and IT MUST BE PICKED UP SAME DAY !!!! If you cant understand what im asking ,dont buy them <im not making any money so i dont want to loss any money

Group Buys mean you are commiting to purchasing an item .also means you pick up when they are here.I will not hold them at all

Last edited:

coralcrazy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
97   1   0
Deep quick question...is that their main food source..or can they eat something else? I would hate for these guys to pass away, because all the aip was gone..

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
so far ,,only 2 other ppl want

Ronen 3
dreko 3
Fastuno ,? You asked me to post this ,and no reply yet ,,do you want any?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
dreko said:
Ronen,
when will you place the order?

I will give it a few more days and see if anyone else wants them ,also waitingon fastuno to et me know how many he wants

FastUno

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Deep, I PM'd you & never heard back, so did not realize the group buy was in affect. Sorry.

I will definitley take 3. I guess we can't figure out full price until others have decided, but let me know & I paypal you the money pronto.
Thanks for the group buy!!!!!!

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
FastUno said:
Deep, I PM'd you & never heard back, so did not realize the group buy was in affect. Sorry.

I will definitley take 3. I guess we can't figure out full price until others have decided, but let me know & I paypal you the money pronto.
Thanks for the group buy!!!!!!

wil do ,LOL

let wait a few more days and see if anyone else wants a few ,so far we have 3 ppl and that 9 nudis

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Ok ,this has been ordered ,

the following members please be here tomorrow for pick up ?

Dreko 3 ..........
Fastuno 3 ......
Ronen 3 (piad) :)
yessongs 4 ,,,,,
I wil post the invoice and tracking # in few mins as well as the total for each one of us

Please make sure once you are done with the anemone problm to pass these guy to a fellow member!!

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
for the guys who bought a few of these ,please read this !!!!!!!!!!

Berghia are nocturnal animals. If you see one during the day, chances are it is having a hard time finding an aiptasia to eat.
closeupberghia.jpg

Their coloring will also indicate if they have not eaten in the previous 48 hours. They will look a completely white or off-white color if they have not eaten. (If they have eaten they will have a darker brownish color.) If possible, use a pipette or other small suction device to move the Berghia close to any remaining aiptasia. If all of the aiptasia is gone, suction them up and pass them on to a friend. Otherwise, they will starve.

Are there any predators to Berghia nudibranchs?

peppermint.jpg

We've heard reports of aggressive wrasses, dottybacks, peppermint and camel shrimp, pom pom crabs and large serpent stars eating Berghia.
It's hard to predict fish behavior. As a general rule if your fish spends a lot of time "hunting" your reef on a regular basis it is suspect for hunting berghia.
Also, larger aiptasia may eat a Berghia if it is accidentally dropped directly into the aiptasia?s mouth area. So be careful when adding them to your tank.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Berghia Acclimation

We recommend using the drip acclimation method to acclimate your new Berghia. It’s acceptable to use any number of methods that you might normally use for a new invertebrate.
pipetteandhose.jpg
Tools needed:

1. Vinyl airline tubing – 3/8 inch or smaller
  2. Pipette (included as a part of your box charge)
  3. Clean plastic pitcher or container of similar size and shape.
  4. Bucket
closeupberghia2.jpg
When your Berghia arrive, look for any Berghia that may have crawled into creases of the plastic bag. They will crawl all over the bag, and they can get into the creases and be smashed as the bag is moved. They can be hard to see in the plastic bag too, especially if they are balled up, so be careful when moving and opening the bag.
Begin Drip Acclimation Process

This method is geared toward sensitive reef inhabitants. You will need airline tubing and must be willing to monitor the entire process. You may also use a similar technique that does not require dripping. The basic technique involves adding very small amounts of your tank water to the Berghia bag every 5-10 minutes for 1-2 hours. You can find directions for this method at many of the online saltwater seller web sites.
Gather a clean, 3- or 5-gallon bucket designated for aquarium use only and a clean plastic pitcher (clean of soaps and residues).
  1. Start by floating the closed bag to acclimate water temperature for about 20 minutes.
  2. Carefully open the bag.
  3. Carefully place the Berghia bag in to a tall container like a plastic pitcher. Try to extend the sides of the bag up the inside of the pitcher. The water may in the end drip over the sides of the pitcher so you may want to put the pitcher in a bucket as well.
  4. Using airline tubing, set up and run a siphon drip line from the main aquarium to the pitcher sitting in the bucket. Tie several loose knots in the airline tubing, or use a plastic or other non-metal airline control valve, to regulate flow from the aquarium. It is also a good idea to secure the airline tubing in place.
  5. Begin a siphon by sucking on the end of the airline tubing you'll be placing into the bag in the pitcher. When water begins flowing through the tubing, adjust the drip by tightening one of the knots or adjusting the control valve to a rate of about 2 drips per second.
  6. Watch the over the process carefully. Do not let the Berghia spill or float over the edge of the bag. The Berghia will sometimes float on the surface tension of the water while they are in small containers and they could float over the edge of the pitcher. They may also actively crawl around the bag during acclimation.
Since the Berghia have not eaten for 24 hours+, you may try feeding them while they drip acclimate. Scrape a small or medium sized aiptasia off the glass or other smooth surface with a razor blade (or similar tool) and drop it into the bag with the Berghia. They may or may not eat. It’s a good idea (but not mandatory) to try this so they are fed before they go in your tank.
At the end of at least 1 hour, and better yet 2 hours of acclimation, feed your fish and then turn off your lights and powerheads. This will create the best environment for the Berghia to go in your tank and successfully grab onto the rockwork.
Don't try to handle the Berghia. They are very fragile. Use the pipette provided to suction the Berghia out of the bag one at a time. If they are attached to the bag dislodge them by gently blowing some water at them. You can use a clean spoon to create current to dislodge them too.
Berghiaonrock.jpg
Do your best to place the Berghia on the rock work in your tank near some aiptasia. They will either start eating or will move into crevices and disappear from view. Do not let the Berghia float into an aiptasia's mouth. They can be eaten if dropped directly in the mouth area.
eggspyral.jpg
You may notice a small, white, circular stand of eggs in your bag. Suck the eggs out of the bag and place them in the rockwork where the current is very low. If you are lucky, they will hatch for you.
The Berghia are at the size where they have begun laying eggs. They will typically grow to 1 ?”-2” inches in size. You may or may not see them again once they are in your tank. They eat at night until they begin to run out of aiptasia.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
there are more helpful link on the website posted above ,please take the time to read it

Ronen

Last edited:

zenfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all MRF'ers, I will begin breeding aiptasia anemones so you can feed to your berghia nudibranch so they can keep your tanks aiptasia free. :cheekkiss

Buy 3 or more aiptasia, get one mantis shrimp free.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok ..

package is in ,,pick up any time

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fastuno Picked up

Yessongs picked up

Nice see you guys again ,srry i was 15mins late

FastUno

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Thanks for setting up the group buy Ronen, I wouldn't have had time to set this up myself.

I have HUNDREDS of aiptasia in my tank & if I were to let it go any further, it would probably kill all my beautiful corals & force me out of the hobby.

As for anyone else that might need them. As soon as they are done with my tank I will sell them off & even buy them back if I run into more problems down the road. PM me to go on my Berghia waiting list.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
FastUno said:
Thanks for setting up the group buy Ronen, I wouldn't have had time to set this up myself.

I have HUNDREDS of aiptasia in my tank & if I were to let it go any further, it would probably kill all my beautiful corals & force me out of the hobby.

As for anyone else that might need them. As soon as they are done with my tank I will sell them off & even buy them back if I run into more problems down the road. PM me to go on my Berghia waiting list.

It will be a long time before you can let go of them because you said you have "HUNDREDS of aiptasia" in your tank. HAHA

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: