• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Choose a salt for Group Buy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
First part of this group buy will be to establish a brand of salt. I propose a poll to be open for a few days and majority wins. Once we figure out what brand we'll take it from there. If we can save on shipping, I may be willing to make a day trip to go pick up GB from vendor, if need be.

In the above posted poll are a list of eight potential salts. The following is a list of brand,size and sample prices from the internet (these are not the actual prices just an example.)
  1. Tropic Marin 200gallon 48.99
  2. Kent Sea Salt " 47.99
  3. Oceanic " 39.99
  4. SeaChem Reef 160 39.99
  5. Red Sea Salt 200 38.99
  6. Reef Crystal 160 37.99
  7. Instant Ocean " 33.99
  8. Coralife 150 31.99

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
great i need some salt too. i currently use IO but i vow not to use it anymore. my guess is that tropic marin is the most used.

when all is said and done, i will need two buckets.

Falco

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have been using Seachem Reef Salt for a few months now and really like it. I am on my last bucket so if the GB is for Seachem I am in for a bunch of buckets.

-Chris

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Well considering I'm in Orange County. I'll set something up to be in the 5 boros. I can probably hit Manhattan and Queens in one day.

Steven

If we can get enough orders to fill up my wife's minivan, I'll make the trek to That Fish Place.*

*there maybe a very small surcharge to cover gas for the trip.

Last edited:

tomzpc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reefman said:
where will the pick up be?

That's a big question for me too, considering that I live up in Dutchess County (Pawling), although I could always hook up with Falco at an HVRK meeting if I could talk him into lugging my bucket(s). LOL.

I voted IO since it's the only salt I've used in over a decade in this hobby but I've sometimes considered straying because of it's lower calcium content. Have heard good things about Seachem and "mostly" bad about Oceanic.

LOL...so to sum up I guess you can say that I'm in for IO or Seachem.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
scarf_ace1981 said:
IO is leading the polls? wth?

IO is the Honda Accord/Toyota Camry of salts. It gets the job done for a great value. Sure there are better cars, but not everyone needs a Mercedes Benz CLS-55 to drive to Home Depot :Up_to_som

bigbris1

Re-reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I need a bucket of salt too, since I got my RO/DI up & running I'm itching to do a major wc. IO has worked for me for years, just make sure when you mix your first batch to test it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: