MikeyNYC

Ol' Skool
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
A Quick Copy and Paste Job from my previous Group Buy with Reeftopia.

Back in February a bunch of people placed a group buy with Reeftopia.com, and they did a great job, so I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in placing a new order.
Here's the link to the previous buy, will give you some info on pricing how things went, etc...

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/group-buys/21825-group-buy-westchester-inverts-spectacular.html

I'm updating the order and pickup dates, all of the other details should still be relevant. Check out lot pricing, the group made out with some nice deals, i.e. 25 astrae snails for $12.00. I will work with everyone to get the best deals.

Hello MR Community, Come one, Come All.....
I'm interested in placing an order with Reeftopia.com on Wednesday (November 7th).
So here it is, group buy westchester

Company's website, take a look to see if anything is of interest
http://www.reeftopia.com/index.html
  • Selection and Prices are good
  • Shipping- Fedex Overnight Express
If the order total is greater than $99.00 Free Shipping, only a $10.00 fuel charge.
If the order is less than $99.00 then the charge would be approx $20.00 + $10.00 fuel charge

Here are most of the categories that you can choose from, please visit the website to see everything that is available.
floweranemones.jpg

Sea Anemones and Polyps
emeraldcrab1.JPG

Crabs, Hermits

astraesnail1.jpg

Snails
flamescllop1.JPG

Flame Scallops and Feather Dusters
lettucenudibranch1.JPG

Nudibranch
peppermintshrimps1.JPG

Shrimp
nstarfishharlequin1.JPG

Starfish, Sand Dollars and Sea Horses

redtreesponge1.JPG

Gorgonians and Sponges

I was interested in placing an order myself in the amount of approx $30-$50, which should make it very easy to achieve free shipping for this order.

Here's how I planned on handling the Group Buy.
Send all requests by November 5th 12:00pm latest. I will tally up the total number of items requested, figure out the cost per item, and forward you a PM with the totals taking into account any fee's ( i.e , shipping if any,fuel surcharge,and paypal fee's). I will place the order on Wed November 7th. Paypal payment must be received by November 6th 12pm to be included in the order.

Pickup will be available on.
November 8th Thursday: White Plains (all day). Delivery is not available, items will need to be pickup from my place in white plains.

I do not work for reeftopia, and I do not have any special interests in placing this order with there company (not for profit). Just looking to get some nice stuff at an attractive price, and hopefully add to the MR experience. :division:

I hope that I detailed everything out clearly, if not please send your questions, and I will do my best to clean things up. Mike (MikeyNYC)

Last edited:

MikeyNYC

Ol' Skool
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Order Details will be listed and updated in this post. Thanks, Mike

Preliminary Pricing, will need to take cumulative quantity of each item and total order value into account before presenting final price per item.

Order's that exceed $200 will also qualify for an additional 10%

Bigbris PAID
1)Basslet, Black Cap X 1 =$18.00
2) Double Nuclei Orange Ricordia =$16.00
Preliminary Total= $34.00
Paypal Fee +$1.02
Fuel Delivery Surcharge +$2.00
10% Discount -$3.40
Total: $33.60

"Devious" PAID
1) Nassarius vibex $36.00 Per 50
2) Hermit, Scarlet Reef (30 @ 2.00 Each) $60.00 (Lot # 210)
3) 12 x Cerith snails( Split w/ JW10604 6 each) =$7.50
Preliminary Total= $103.50
Paypal Fee +$3.11
10% Discount -$10.35
Total: $98.25

jw10604 (updated) PAID
1) 1 X Sally Lightfoot crab =$7.50
2) 3 X star snail ($2.50/per) = $7.50
3) 6 X Nerite snails = $12.00
4) 12 x Cerith snails( Split w/ Devious 6 each) =$7.50
5) 5x med pepermint shrimp=($2.50/per) = $12.50 Split w/ MikeyNYC
Preliminary Total= $47.00
Paypal Fee +$1.41
10% Discount -$4.70
Total: $45.70

MikeyNYC (updated)
1) 1x Flower Anemone =$7.00
2) 1x Emerald Crab = $6.00
3) 1x Porcelain Crab =$6.00
3) 2x Nassarius vibex ($10.00/per12)=$20.00
4) 5x med pepermint shrimp=($2.50/per) = $12.50 Split w/ JW10604
Preliminary Total= $51.50
Paypal Fee
10% Discount - $5.15
Total: $48.35

Vic8361
PAID
1) 10x med pepermint shrimp=$25.00
2 1x Double Nuclei Orange Ricordia=$16.00
3) 1x Orange Ricordia =$12.00
Preliminary Total= $53.00
Paypal Fee +$1.59
10% Discount - $5.30
Total: $51.25
*Assuming there are no significant changes we can count on a 10% discount which will off set paypal and fuel surcharge fee's, plus an additional discount on the items being order :spin:

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Wow! Mike you should organize group buys more often :)

I like reeftopia, their livestock has always been healthy.

Good luck with the GB, go Westchester! (I grew up in Edgemont/Scarsdale)

MikeyNYC

Ol' Skool
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Thanks Jhale, the last one went well, hoping for the same here. And I agree with you, the livestock was very nice, and the people @ Reeftopia helped keep the order very organized. If the order includes 100 astrae snails, and 4 people want 25 snails each, Reeftopia will provide us with 4 bags of 25 to help reduce the amount of stress on the animals.

I'm still considering my purchase options, but will have some details up shortly.

bigbris1

Re-reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Mike, shoot a PM over to LaurenBabe, she was organizing a GB on peppermint shrimp at a close price to what's being offered on this GB. There was some interest on her thread, too.

MikeyNYC

Ol' Skool
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Weekend Bump! Group Buy still open until 12:00pm tomorrow. At this point we have an order in excess of $200.00, and the order will include an additional 10% discount. Please read the first post in this thread for specific details.

I have already contacted the people at Reeftopia, and made arrangements for delivery this Thursday, November 8th

MikeyNYC

Ol' Skool
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Last day before finalizing the order:groupflip, any one that wants to be included please submit any remaining requests by 12:00pm today (November 5).

For everyone that has already submitted, please review your make sure it's correct, and if you are interested in making any revisions, please let me know asap.

Pickup date is Thursday November 8, delivery should take place before noon.

The folks over at Reeftopia guarantee the animals as long as the items are acclimated into your tank by late evening of that same day. Last order placed items were picked up at 6:00 with no problems. Very flexible with pickup times.

I'll calculate totals, taking fee's and discounts in consideration, and have PM's with all the necessary information by later today. Mike

MikeyNYC

Ol' Skool
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Order updated Joe, I place a note at the bottom of the order detail post, not sure if noticed it. The medium peppermint shrimp are $3.00 if you purchase a quantity of 4. If you purchase a quantity of 10 the cost per is $2.50. I'm looking to place an order for 4 and so do you. If your interested, we could add on another shrimp for each of us for only another $.50 each. Should I go ahead make the change, or leave it be?

As far pickup location, I will send out a pm with all of the specifics later today.

Last of the bumps, I will be updating the thread and sending PM's from here on out. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

bigbris1

Re-reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Thanks Mike,, payment sent. How long did it take you to drive down to my house before?

I will be shooting up there to pick up my order first thing Thursday & live uptown in Manhattan. If anyone would like me to pick up their order & deliver it, send me a PM. Delivery is $10 (to cover gas on my monster)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: