T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

www.thelogicalreef.com has a lot of great stuff at really great prices. I want to know who might be interested in a group buy taking place some time in march. With all this time you will be able to pick the peices you want and pay for them so bryan can hold them for you. Well as long as he agrees to hold them for us.

please respond if you might be interested opr will definatly be interested. since we will have to get togeter any way we will be able to frag trade or whatever.

Also my parents are moving soon to a new development and there is a room that can be reserved for parties. The Development is in walking distance from the train station (there is a path). It is also right off of 9 and 9A. this sopuld be easy for anyone to get to. Also the beeline bus 14 stops right by. It goes from peekskill to white plains.

so please post if you are posably interested in a group buy, or even just a frag trade. You don't have to make a comitment and the place is not set in stone or even a dry earse board.

DEAL STATUS
please post if any of this is inacturate. PM or EMAIL me to confirm curent status. If information is in bold it meansit has been confirmed. Also please Indicate how much you intend to spend. At the level we are currently at backing out doesn't seem to jeopardize the deal. also mention where you live. so we can pick a good meeting place. Also let me know where you heard about the logical reefer. did you here about it on this board first? Would you have made a purchase if it wasn't for this oportunity? thuis type of feedback will help organize future group buys and there influence on members.

Chris (2 blocks from GC) $50
cla009 (LI) "I would like the squamosa clam he has and some red zoos if possible" $50
Crackeur (NYC) out
DallasNYC (manhattan) $75-$100

Dragon Wrasse (fort lee NJ) $25
House of Laughter (mid Westchester home, manhattan office) $25+
JoshSaul (Union Square, NYC) $25

Liquid (NJ) "I'm for January" $20?
Satchmo "in for January" $20?
SoS (Nultey NJ) $100" "ENOUGH!? never enough"
SWW1268 (Queens, NY) grand centeral on weekend good $25
TGRupert (mid westchester) $75

webfr (queens) "Id be interested" $20?

total: more than $450 plus $60 of guesses from 3 people not giving dollar amounts.
many people may(will) go over.
over 13% of members plan to take advantage of this deal!

[ January 20, 2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: The Great Rupert ]

S

Satchmo

Why March? Bryan's a good guy, but I don't know if he'd be willing to hold stuff for three months. I'm in for January after 4angel gets through the move.

L

LiQuiD

I'm for January also. The problem I think would be waiting for his brood stocks to grow out. From the way it looks, I think he is basically out of frags, at least the nice zoo's. We should be sure he is going to have enough for us before we jump into a quick large purchase and get like 3 polyps per rock.

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

from what I understand he won't introduce any more stock until early january. For some reason I remember the date january 6th. but I'm not sure why. January is cool, but I don't know if everyone will find exactly what they want i a month.

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Id be interested, i went to the site and all i see is some trees and a leather. i know ive been there before and seen zoo's. Let me know if im looking in th e wrong spot but so far i dont see anything i want but if he does add more id be interested.

L

LiQuiD

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
look in the gallery or pics or something like that. You are right, the for sale section is empty because his tanks are empty. We will have to wait for the brood to grow out. Stay patient, don't forget and we will all be happy soon.

L

logicalreef

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi all,

Just wanted to stop in and say hi to my northern friends.
Satchmo emailed me to let me in on this thread. There are a variety of options that can be worked out so everyone gets maximum morphs for minimum cost. Once I know more details, I will return and update.

And not to fear, I have plenty of zoos. Just need to relax a bit over the holidays.

I'll leave it to Satch to inform you as to some ideas I had, I don't want to step on any toes or reefclub policies. So once i see he's been back, I'll be back.

Peace and Merry Christmas, Bryan Kile

S

Satchmo

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey Bryan, glad you made it. Don't worry about stepping on toes. New Yorkers are really difficult to offend. If you've got some ideas to get this shebang rolling, fire away.

L

logicalreef

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok, I'll give it a shot. It really depends on the number of guys and gals you can grab locally that want to go in on an order. And whether or not you have an official club that might want to make a few bucks off it to help with web space, meeting refreshments (beer)
or what not.

I was telling Satchmo that instead of paying more by buying individual frags, that you may want to purchase a few colony rocks and do the actual fragging at a meeting where everyone can get different morphs to start.

Lets use the below pic as an example :

unfrag1.jpg

If I frag it out I'll have about 3 frags at $15-$20 each. Now let's say for a club special, or club inauguration, I'll give these to the group at a one time deal of $25.00 a rock. So, it would work pretty cool I would think, to get each member to pay $25 or $50 for 1 or 2 whole colonies, then place the order, and when they arrive, maybe the next day have a get together to frag and share with each member guaranteed 2 frags per their $25.00. Now the club should end up with an extra frag per rock to auction or sell or start your own club grow out bank.

Options are limitless, this is just the first one that came to mind. Seems cool, that each memeber would get 2 morphs of good size for $25.00. Actually, if this is an informal club, once everyone has their 2 frags, the remaining frags (which should be at least one per rock left) could simply be drawn by number or something to keep money out of it and let everyone get 3 possibly 4 frags.

Hope that wasn't to outlandish a plan, and somewhat made sense. I'm open for anything, just toss some ideas around and make sure I have as much notice as possible if we are going to be talking 10 or more whole rocks....as I also told Satchmo, for this event only, if everyone groups in to equal $250.00 in frags, I'll cover Overnight shipping as my way of getting you guys involved.

Talk to ya soon, BRyan

[ December 23, 2002, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: logicalreef ]

SoS

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like those...nice red. Actually red is the only color zoo I'm missing. I been fragging for a little while and that rock would be easy to break up. Bryan do you chisel those square or do you getthem like that. That's a great idea for packing in a frag tank.

I'd definately go in on some. I'd throw in a $100 if anyone is interested to go in with the rest. I'm in Jersey and I know getting into manhatten is a pain in the arse so if there's anybody else on my side of the hudson who wants to go in let me know.

[ December 23, 2002, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: SoS ]

L

logicalreef

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey SoS,
You cant need more already

I can't take credit for the argonite bases, thats how ORA does it. Ocassionally at the LFS I can talk them out of a pile of blanks sitting in the back for cheap. One of my New Years resolutions is to finally make some bases.

Those are about 2x2, but I thought making a bunch of little 1"squares and checkboarding the bottom of a shallow prop tank would work great. Then place starter zoos in between the rocks on the glass and let them spread to cover the rocks, then lift cut and start again.

Talk to ya soon, Bryan

SoS

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:confused: ENOUGH!? never enough :D .

I've been thinking about the using the garf method by using old egg cartons and molding the agro in there. Now I'm just buying a cheap piece of live rock and busting it into smaller chunks. Problem is there's alot of mess and waste doing that, But you already knew that.

L

LiQuiD

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey SoS, instead of busting up rocks (which I just had to recently resort to before some of my xenia touched down, and I know you go to Absolutely Fish, go there and ask Glen if you can grab some pieces out of the bottom of the LR tanks in the back. This is how I buy live sand. They sell the bottom gunk in the huge tanks (call it live sand) and it does have tons of pods and such in it, the thing is ther are also tons of broken off LR mixed in that I use as frag plugs. They are always like 1" chunks and you could ask him to scoop ya out mostly the big pieces. The good thing is you don't have to pay the huge LR price, only a few bucks per pound as LS and pre broke up.

Anyway, dude, I'm in, let's get this thing on the move here. Let's see what we can do with the boys from Jersey, or whatever. I like this colony idea and don't want to be dick'n around until the summer. Lets make a plan and get the ball rolling.

Don't worry Bryan, we will have a plan together soon. I am sure Crakeur will want in, but think he would prefer them delivered to the city as aposed to coming to Jersey. Lets just keep throwing ideas up and something is bound to stick

C

Crakeur

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crakeur want in on Bryan's zoos? Never. The guy is a fraud. Check my post in the nano-reef.com site. The dye wears off. He hand paints these things. While it is an impressive feat, it is only temporary. Also, the zoos aren't even zoos. They are macaroni. He takes the macaroni and pastes it to aragonite and then he puts the end of an eraser, taken off of a number 2 pencil, jams it into the macaroni, and paints away.

Sadly, Crakeur might be zoo'd and ricordiad out. Yes, I would be interested but I don't know if I want to toss money into a pot to get something I already have. Plus, Bryan, being the stand-up, all around swell guy that he is, has taken such good care of me that my tank is zoolicious.

I would like to be kept in the loop so that, if this works we can do something similar with Monoghan's reef. (plus, I have become a junkie and Bryan is one hell of a zoo/ric dealer) If you don't know about this, check out the link:
http://home.attbi.com/~monaghan/home.html

I have ordered from here in the past and this guy is right up there with Bryan. As a matter of fact, they each put one merchant link on their sites and it is for eachother. Monoghan is expanding to clams and inverts in the new year so perhaps a logical order and a coral order from monoghan might be in order.

S

Satchmo

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WHAT?! Bryan, I almost soiled myself when I saw that pic. I know you have the good stuff, but DAMN! Save a frag of those puppies for me if ya can

I like the bulk-buy, frag-on-our-own idea. Let's get some dialoge rolling here and see who is actually interested. If there's only a handful of us, it may not be worth it. If we were to do the fragging on our own thing, I don't know where we could do it. Anyone wanna offer up their place? Someone with enough tank space to hold the goods until we can arrange a meeting I guess. I have no problem picking up the stuff for any Jersey folk who don't want to make the trip. You'd just have to make arrangements to come and pick up your frags afterward. So who's definitely in? If this thing doesn't come together soon, I'm gonna put my own order in. I can't wait too long after seeing that pic.

C

Crakeur

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can't... resist....zooooos.....

count me in for a chunk of those red zoos.

I was serious about ordering some goods from monoghan as well. I will be ordering from him anyway so if you want to piggyback my order, let me know. I am assuming his sight will be completed shortly and I can start to peruse the goodies.

S

Satchmo

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crak, let me know before you place that order. I'll take a frag of that ultra-green hydno (at the least) and share the shipping costs with you.

L

LiQuiD

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, the hydno or green slimer may be look'n like a good idea to me also.

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so sos wil spend 100 dollars? I will easaly spend
75 if he is going to cover the shipping when we get to the 250 mark. that means only 75 dollars more. would you be able to one or two of each others glued to our rock sop we don't have to do it ourselves?

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just talking to house of laughter and he said he would be interested in two small pieces which we could very conservitivly say is 25 dollars.

qanyone that knows me from NR.com knows I rarly say conservitive things

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: