N

nunzilla

I would like to get some, I think awhile back MR did a group buy on it. If there is interest we should put a group buy together.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I'm interested in a block
thumb.gif

N

nunzilla

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Prices, thats a good question. Looking at the website a 1.6lb block is $39.95, its less as you purchase more. Plus you have to add shipping. Let me go back to the original group buy from a few months back and see where they got it. In the mean time whoever was involved (set up) the last one can you jump in and assist?
Thanks!

N

nunzilla

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Prices, thats a good question. Looking at the website a 1.6lb block is $39.95, its less as you purchase more. Plus you have to add shipping. Let me go back to the original group buy from a few months back and see where they got it. In the mean time whoever was involved (set up) the last one can you jump in and assist?
Thanks!

N

nunzilla

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not sure why that posted twice.. odd

Ok here's the deal I just called Jehmco. The current price is $27.25 per block if we buy over 8. This is quite a bit more than the first grp buy ($21). She said that they are now concentrating on trying to sell to LFS's. She did say that they could probably do better if we got over 8.

Shipping should be $10-12

Next I will call Cyclop-eeze direct and see what there pricing is with shipping. A case on their website works out to $22 each, but shipping might be more (jehmco is in NJ).

N

nunzilla

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Yikes, $61 for shipping, so looks like the best we can do is $27.25 + $1.50 shipping.

Its a 1.6lb block frozen, and will last around a year in the freezer, maybe longer if you vaccum seal.

I definatly want a block, who else wants one?
marrone, wedfr, still interested?

Jackson, there are numerous threads on this at reef central, and reefs.org, Rick from Islands reef and fin used it on there 180gallon yesterday and I was sold, everything in the tank went crazy. I've also heard it's been used as a replacement for BBS (baby brine shrimp) as a second food source for clown fry.

this is from the site
http://www.jehmco.com/PRODUCTS_/FISH_FOODS_/Cyclop-eeze/cyclop-eeze.html
"CYCLOP-EEZE is a new biologically engineered organism of the Copepod family. It has much higher concentrations of essential omega-3 fatty acids, biological pigments and other nutrients than Brine Shrimp. This Artemia Nauplii substitute is available in freeze dried form and is a significant cost effective replacement for Artemia Nauplii (newly hatched Brine Shrimp). The Freeze Dried product presents itself in powder form providing a convenient means of storage and application. The superior HUFA levels make Cyclop-eeze an exceptional feed for many Marine Organisms especially useful in Reef Tanks"

N

nunzilla

Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Sorry, I knew after I wrote that it would look that way. Its $61 shipping from Cyclops direct (they must be in california). Its only $10-12 through Jehmco (in NJ).

So its 27.25 plus $1.50 shipping each.

Sorry for the confusion

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
This is from the last group buy, which Dallas organizied.

Ok. Jehmco shipped our order today.

They told me the Cyclops blocks weighed in at about 590 grams each vs. the 750 grams as advertised, so they are charging us 17.50 each. I did the math and everything works out right. ($22.25 / 750 * 590 = $17.50) Shipping was only $13.00 for everything so I just figured a dollar a person to keep things simple.

That maybe why it was cheapier. Wonder if we can get same deal.

N

nunzilla

Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I talked to Jemhco, she said the best they could do is 27.25 now. Maybe if someone else called we could do better. But she did mention that they wanted to concentrate on LFS's now and not hobbiest :( so maybe that is why they won't do any better...

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Nunzilla,
I checked every possible thread on RC and I even have one going myself under the SPS Forum. I saw Rick feed his tank and the only thing that I saw go crazy was the fish. I understand LPS and Zoo's can catch this stuff, but can SPS? If so has anyone seen a difference in growth or coloration.
I am looking for personal experience not some cut and pasted BS which promotes the product.
I just want to make sure that all this isn't just hype....you know what I mean?

N

nunzilla

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I hear ya Jackson, I just did a quick look on reefcentral, looks like its mainly benificial to the fish and lps, and I imagine inverts would like it as well. I guess its main benifits is it is high in HUFA and that is good for coloring. I want to get some because I want to have it on hand if my clowns spawn, when I got home lastnight they were looking like they were getting romantic with each other

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=287176&highlight=Cyclopeeze

Anyhow, lets see if we can get 8 people (or more) in on this. She did mention that they do pro-rate so it will probably be less than 27.25 each. Everyone let me know so I can start a count. I will place and order as soon as we have 8. thanks!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my cleaner shrimp loved the stuff.

if you shake the cyclops near sps corals they will get some on the polyps and one would assume they would consume it. Can't verify this or detail any positive growth from it as I have stopped using it whilst I figure out what the hell is going wrong with my tank.

N

nunzilla

Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Looks like the mysis blocks are 30.25 each, 24.75 if we buy 4.

So far we have:

Nunzilla - 1 block of Cyclop-eez

Pseudo Boy - 1 block of Cyclop-eez and 1 Mysis

marrone - Do you want one?

wedfr - Do you want one?

Anyone else?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: