asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I will be ordering from brine shrimp direct tomorrow morning @ 9:00am if anyone is interesting in joining we might be able to get reduced shipping charges. Pick up will be in Chelsea. Sorry about the short notice but I found that 1 hatchery just isn't enough and I need another right away.
Please respond directly in this thread and we'll figure out totals after the order has been placed.

http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/c1/Hatchery-Dish-p183.html

Order:
Asianer - 2 Hatcheries
emmanuel - 3 Hatcheries ($56.91); 3 ($77.85) - 1 pound cans of grade A eggs = $134.76 PAID
suntzu - 1 Hatchery - $18.97
juan319 - 2 Hatcheries - $37.94
Teddy - 1 Hatchery - $18.97 PAID
chapz - 1 Hatchery - $18.97 PAID

Last edited:

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Prices

K, got some pricing from them as follows:

(Quantity / Price Per)
3-9 hatcheries / $18.41
10-20 hatcheries / $17.97

*Not including shipping which will be determined after order has been placed.

suntzu

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Jhale, thanks for the info. I am glad, this kit is not nearly as painful. :)

I am not sure how much I need. I plan using it to feed about six fish (3" kole and yellow tangs, 4" coral beauty, 2" Royal Gramma, 2" Clown, and a 3" Lawnmeower Blenny). I would think one would suffice. Would there be a need to get more? i just plan on getting one kit so I can give it to my fish as a snack. I am not sure the nutritional value of brine shrimp. Can someone commet?

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
hi

im interested in buying from there as well, but i donno know what im looking for lol

can some one help me out?

here was what i have in mind
http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/c9/Hatching-Kit-p156.html

and for eggs
http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/Brine-Shrimp-Eggs-c2.html, which is best?

Thanks
Teddy
The kit from the original post is why this group buy is started. That kit although is more pricy, its very convenient.
http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/c1/Hatchery-Dish-p183.html

As for the eggs, the best is the most expensive. The most bang for the buck is the least expensive. Or, go somewhere in the middle for a little of both worlds

OctaviousMonk

Sucka Free Reefin' !!!
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
The hatchery comes with a decent size container of eggs to start with if you are only using it for snacks. I put in one scoop of eggs and it hatches all day long for me. This is a great thing to get in on for those interested.

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Ok, we have reached the $17.97 (without shipping) price point as we have 10 total orders. I will be placing this when they open - 9:00 MST.

I will figure out the shipping per order after I get a quote from brineshrimpdirect and I will edit it in the first post with totals, thanks everyone.

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Ok, I just placed the order and shipping basically came out to be $1 per item so it made the math easy, I updated the first post with totals. They are going to try and get the shipment out tomorrow so I hope it arrives early next week. I will send out PM's with the actual anticipated delivery date. Thanks all!

suntzu

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Fantastic! Thanks Asianer!

It funny, when I stopped over at Phil's place this past weekend to pick up the Kole, he showed me the hatchery and mentioned that he got it from a group buy. I wanted one then and there. It if funny how things work out.

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I see a few people from queens are in this group buy any chance of somebody who is going to the city (works there or gonna be there for whatever reason) picking up for the queens people. If not and I have to go anyway I can pick them up for people just send the payment to asianer and let me know the only problem is I work in the bronx so it will be out of my way .

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: