Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Please ID the following

1)The Coral
2)The yellow circle; is this the infamous red bugs?
3)The blue cirle

thanks
IDpleaseP1000235copy.jpg

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
NO, What should I feed it?

This coral is completely covered by cyano before, so I wipe off the cyano and found the red things on it which I don't know what it is by then. When I first got it I do not even see any white coloring underneath. I then put the whole thing in a bucket where only very little light is available to get ride of the cyano for weeks. I just pick it out from the bucket to my tank for a photo shoot.

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Chances are it's a gonner. Once they deflate there's hardly a chance they'll reinflate.

They also need constant food, so they're not great specimens for reefs. To keep enough food suspended in the water column you end up with water too dirty for the other corals.

B

IconicAquariums

Iconic Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
You should also try mounting it upside down, and making sure it gets tons of flow.

Food like cyclopeeze, oyster eggs, baby brine shrimp, and rotifers might help.

These corals don't live in captivity.

good luck,
joe

IconicAquariums

Iconic Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Because thats how they live in the wild. They can't tolerate being upright, as it takes too much energy to inflate themselves. The spinnules & sclerites in their branches are very dense.

joe

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
wingodingo (lolz) it looks alot better and much healthier then the 1st pic... so im guessing you fed it.... did u turn it upside down, did u leave it in the main tank, or did you put it in the sump...

its getting its color back good job...

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I put it in the sump.

For a while, I did keep it upside down but nothing much happen so I
just move it where the water flows straight at it.

I do not feed it but I think my tank has sufficient food in the water column. That's the way I like to keep my tank-food everywhere so that everything in the tank get their share. I think for the bacteria as well when I try to provide food everywhere.

I think if I do the upside down trick now, it will have some effect since it's getting heathier and should react better to the gravity. When I start the new "sump" on top of the display tank, I will have enough room for strange setup for the frags-like the upside down trick. LYK how things go.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I put it in the sump.

For a while, I did keep it upside down but nothing much happen so I
just move it where the water flows straight at it.

I do not feed it but I think my tank has sufficient food in the water column. That's the way I like to keep my tank-food everywhere so that everything in the tank get their share. I think for the bacteria as well when I try to provide food everywhere.

I think if I do the upside down trick now, it will have some effect since it's getting heathier and should react better to the gravity. When I start the new "sump" on top of the display tank, I will have enough room for strange setup for the frags-like the upside down trick. LYK how things go.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: