Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Can Some Id this I got this frag yesterday....
:starfish:

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 216

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thats what I thought but when i ask i was told some long crazy name of what i forgot 2 min after i was out the store

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
alveopora ,,,or daisy/flower pot coral ,I have the same one ,white in color they are more the branching type

Last edited:

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Before i bought it i to the seller what my setup was and what was doing well in my tank he said it would do fine i was looking for a little more indept care, it was not like i bought it to keep until it dies.!

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Cibo said:
Before i bought it i to the seller what my setup was and what was doing well in my tank he said it would do fine i was looking for a little more indept care, it was not like i bought it to keep until it dies.!

But if you researched yourself, you would find out that Gonipora is a hard to keep coral.
People will tell you anything to make a sale.

Did they tell you about placement, lighting & feeding?

I suggest using the search function on this site & give it the best care you can, now that you already have it.

It might be Alveopora, but you need to post a clearer picture.

R32Brightliner

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Phil, not sure if that is gonipora. Cibo's picture is not that clear. Might be an alevopora which does quite well.
But, I hear ya. Impulse, impulse, impulse.

If I had a dollar for every implulse buy I've seen in petshops before knowing how to care for da stuff I'd be a rich dude...

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Reefman,

reefman said:
whats the diff between the gona...pora n the Alevopora besides the length of the tentacles?

Goniopora are typically difficult to keep and have specialized requirements (dirty water, lol). Alveopora have a significantly better track record.

E

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: