NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
my clam was stationed where this is for about 2 months. clam opens fine and actually has a little better color. this object is white and grabs anything you put against it, including sand

Attachments

• me 288.jpg
    me 288.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 159
  • me 289.jpg
    me 289.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 163
  • me 290.jpg
    me 290.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 163
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Definitely the foot like reef and house said. If you have to move a clam that's attached itself to the substrate you need to, very slowly, rock it back and forth until it loosens enough to gently lift it. Otherwise you risk killing the animal if you rip off too much since it's directly attached to the animals soft tissues.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
clam

4 days ago, it there wasnt a tub when i moved it, was like it was loose. i figured thats what it was, but like i said clam has better color and is opening up more. odd

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Just did some quick reading on clams..Sprung says sometimes a clam will make it with a torn foot, other times it will seem like it is fine for 1 or 2 weeks and then just suddenly die.
Best of luck with your guy!

OctaviousMonk

Sucka Free Reefin' !!!
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
What ever happened to this clam? I just got a clam from someone and when I got it home the foot was laying next to it unattached. It seems to be doing ok and opened up, so I am not sure what to think.
Thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: