• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

mray

?
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
You are right, the eggs have to be manually removed. There are no dips out there that can kill the eggs of flatworms. Revive, however, can take off everything else. When I dip frags I usually use more than the recommended dosage. I find that better than multiple weaker dips. With that said, it is always safer to quarantine corals. If that is not an option the next best thing is to cut the base of frags off and then dip them in revive.

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
well i have tossed out the effected corals(about 4) and now started dips with the corals that were in the same are but yet to find any bugs on them . just alot of dead starfish and copepods.. now the corals looks like crap.i have not found any eegs on the corals so where could they be? did i toss them out with the affected pieces?

mray

?
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
Sorry, I should have mentioned earlier that if these pieces are already in your tank then the flatworms could have already spread.

I had flatworms once in my old tank and it was a pain. I would just use a turkey baster and blow off any flatworms for now. Let your corals heal and then start siphoning them out as you see them. When you can find any more then I would use FWE. Using FWE has side effects though, so make sure you know what to expect.

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Sorry, I should have mentioned earlier that if these pieces are already in your tank then the flatworms could have already spread.

I had flatworms once in my old tank and it was a pain. I would just use a turkey baster and blow off any flatworms for now. Let your corals heal and then start siphoning them out as you see them. When you can find any more then I would use FWE. Using FWE has side effects though, so make sure you know what to expect.
FWE has no affect on AEFW

your bleaching from the bottom is not a PH or alk problem you have AEFW

they usually lag eggs on the dead skeleton after they have eaten the coral tissue.
they dont lay them in the open and you need a magnifying glass to really see them

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: