Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well I decided to take my flashlight to my tank tonight (as I have many othr times). But this time I noticed a two different "worm like" creatures in my rock.

The first was long, and extremely thin. It was stretched out across my rock about 4-5" in length and maybe a 16th in diameter, probably thinner. I noticed a few of these. It was beige in color.

The second "worm like" creature I noticed, was only out of the rock about 1". However this one caught my eye because it looked like it had white and black bands around it.

Both types were ancored into the rock and when the light hit them, they retracted back into there little holes. the second one we really fast the first type seemed to takes its time.

Can anyone give me an idea of what they are?

Or is this useless without pictures?

Thank you

Rich

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I went and got a picture of one of the slower ones... the beige ones...

worm1.jpg

Thanks Deep. I will check those links now.

Rich

after a quick look, the fast one looked like the Sipunculan or peanut worm.

Last edited:

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Put a red filter on the flashlight. The nocturnal guys cant see that. In the depths of the oceans where light does not penetrate red is the ideal color.

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
do the other ones look like this?
They might be zoas irritaters worms.
I got the pic from my old tank but they were never around the zoas so don't know for sure if they would irritate them or not.

Attachments

• IMG_1025.JPG
    IMG_1025.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 174

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Froggie, those look almost clear. the worms I have (pictured above) are beige in color. The worms which have the white/black bands was thicker and the bands were almost the same thickness.

The worm in the above pictire is coming from the left, going right. It almost appears like it is searching for food.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: