Ummfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, the one thing that I could still do was request to be part of the translator committee. Hopefully that'll go well. Fingers crossed. I'm not holding my breath though.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SeahorseWhisperer_":1xoq5ikb said:
Or I will tell them everything.

popcorn.gif

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you the one selling the $500 clownfish? Can you let them know the people actuallying breeding marine fish can't respond to their posts? They may get more response.

clownfishheaven

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I am not.

I usually type MOFIB in google instead of typing the url in the address bar to get there. And stumbled upon this thread because I clicked on the wrong link. The layout and color scheme looked very similar so I thought I was at the intended place. Anyhow I read through the entire conversation and gained some insights. :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think all of the original people are gone, except the new owner and Luis. Some went to MBI, some are just not using forums. They are just publishing.

Nice to virtually meet you! If you want experienced breeders, look around.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SeahorseWhisperer_":1g7f1wzl said:
I think all of the original people are gone, except the new owner and Luis. Some went to MBI, some are just not using forums. They are just publishing.

Nice to virtually meet you! If you want experienced breeders, look around.

"Owner" :wink:

Ummfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fix it now.

Or I will tell them everything.

Hey Suzy, I don't know how anyone else here feels about it, but here's how I feel: If you have things you need to say, say them. If you aren't going to say them, then don't. Making public insinuations and threats about possibly exposing something unless something else happens is dirty politics and I hate that kind of crap.

I know that you'll do whatever you want to but that's how I feel about it. I've been holding my tongue about those statements but I really would like it on the record that those are not the kind of games that I want any part of. It's freaking blackmail, honestly, and I don't appreciate it.

My opinion.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Thank you for your opinion. I will wait until one day we can talk in private. Thanks.

Ummfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really think we need to talk it out. I've said what I needed to say. I don't bear you any animosity over it. I understand that there are situations where things need to be made public and I'm fine with it if you decide to do something like that. I've done it myself. I just didn't like the "fix it or else" part to what you said. I think that is pretty morally questionable and I needed to tell you that. Like I say, though, you'll do what you think you need to do.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm walking away, too. Maybe one day we will meet at macna or you will want to come visit our new aquarium. Maybe my state will one day host macna, maybe your state will. I will buy you a beer! But, I agree. Life is too short to waste on bs.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still can't believe I ( and you) are locked out. Right now, it appears only Andy Rhyne and Luis.....are the only experienced breeders in MOFIB.

That is incredibly heart breaking.

Luis, can you tell people you booted me so they will stop pm'ing me? I get an email every time someone does. Or is that part of my punishment?

mpedersen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently discovered something rather disgusting, but hardly surprising.

Whoever is actually running MOFIB now has turned it into their own private cash cow. Specifically, this post was made on July 2, 2013 - http://www.marinebreeder.org/forums/vie ... 66&t=11801 - let's remember that the website was purportedly divested to a private individual (purportedly Luis Magnasco) in violation of the bylaws (and potentially state law), and now it appears that whatever MOFIB has become, it will now be a pay-to-play system.

Dear members,

You have probably noticed by now that a "DONATE" button has been added to the website. We will be accepting donations and begin a Supporting Membership. Supporting membership fees will be $5 per month or $50 per year. This can be conveniently paid thru our PayPal account.

Funds raised will be designated to cover website expenses and improve the look and operational features of our site. We aim to make MarineBreeder.org better every day

Supporting Members will enjoy several benefits:

Become a part of the decision making process, participate in voting and specific polls.
An exclusive forum for these matters will be created.
Access to post and sell in the Marketplace forum
We thank all our members for their continued support.

I want to point out some very specific points. Attached content is no longer publicly visible for starters, meaning that the public and transparent mission behind MOFIB when I started it is gone. It's only a matter of time before you have to pay to access breeding information. Why do I say that?

I have also noticed that the It will now cost you $5 PER MONTH, or $50 PER YEAR, to get full access to MOFIB, of which lately the only thing that ever seems active IS THE MARKETPLACE (so why not "take a cut", right MOFIB cronies?).

I have no qualms pointing out at this point that the MBI Marketplace remains free for everyone ;)

Matt

mpedersen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another little side note; it would appear that heist of MOFIB from the members and into Luis Magnasco (And other's) private coffers is complete, or at least pretty much headed in that direction.

A refresher of the coup hoisted on the members, as posted by Luis Magnasco last fall:

On Sept.1st,2012,the BOD has formalized the separation of this Message Board (MB) from the Organization.
Which means that from now on,two entities exist,completely independent from each other:MOFIB the organization,incorporated in Illinois,USA,with all it´s legal structure,BOD,bylaws,etc. And MOFIB the message board,which is set free of legal/geographical constraints,owned and operateded by it´s members.At this point,we all are members of both entities.
Our message board will provide a special forum where the Organization could post their announcements,run polls,etc.so they can communicate with the members.
This is the result of the recent voting of the members.Personally,I´d like to thank all those who supported mi idea of a free MB and also to know the reasons that led two members to oppose to it.

A quick LLC search on MOFIB in Illinois reveals that it is currently not in good standing with the State of Illinois. Presume the board members have not done anything to maintain the org that was "split off" from the "message board" (utter BS) have not filed anything with the state, doubtful any tax returns were EVER filed for the organization during its entire existence (note, I was locked out of the org long before any of these yearly duties had even come up for the first time).

Without the website, MOFIB the "org" simply has nothing else to do! That was one of the main GD reasons I incorporated in the first GD place. I can only assume that the board has now slipped into invalidity anyways, as have any members (because how do you retain membership to an organization that has severed all ties with its members?). So the only thing left for the organization will probably be involuntary dissolution of the corporation by the State of IL at some point in the future.

Meanwhile, who are the "members" who own MOFIB? Arguably no one really knows. Some random place in Florida is currently cited as the owner of the domain...

It is amazing how folks can be taken for a ride in this day and age. What's even more alarming is that most of the folks who perpretrated these ills on the community also seem to have fallen by the wayside, leaving a core group of little men running a little kingdom they stole form the community at large and the members it was supposed to belong to.

Attachments

• mofib_as_of_7-23-2013.gif
    mofib_as_of_7-23-2013.gif
    37.4 KB · Views: 519

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: