• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
18b96bde-d8b2-7f9f.jpg
All at mutts n butts,, fish looked great there, no signs of stress on the fish, all eating and out.. I'm quarantining regardless but finally got healthy hippos! (not beat up, no marks on them)
Anyway.. Any comments from people w pipefish or the wrasse? Any pointers or things I should know?

Last edited:
Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
They do pretty well in a full blown reef IME and handle the current well. Just be sure it is eating mysis with gusto before you throw it in with more aggressive eaters. Typically they will hang under ledges or shady areas not in direct sight and appear at feeding time. They do well in pairs.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
They do pretty well in a full blown reef IME and handle the current well. Just be sure it is eating mysis with gusto before you throw it in with more aggressive eaters. Typically they will hang under ledges or shady areas not in direct sight and appear at feeding time. They do well in pairs.

Awesome! Thanx for the info, I'll have to get another

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
that looks awesome ducati i want one, that pipe fish can survive in our sps tanks with such high flow? if so i am going to buy one today haha what do they eat

Ya he's doing well always out.. I really don't see him eat though but there is always a lot in my track including pods.. We will see.. One thing I did over look is the overflow! Hopefully he won't get in it! :(

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
yes, you must get them eating aggressively to have any chance in full blown reef tank. Once they are eating well in QT then you can introduce them, but it will still be necessary to consciously get food to them during the frenzy of the other fish. I suggest throwing enough food in the tank to keep the other fish busy and then, with a turkey baster, shoot some directly into the area where the pipes hang out. Eventually, they will learn the flow patterns and figure out the areas where food will travel and hang out there.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Update, they are in the main tank now.. Hippos got attacked by the achillies for a bit,, now all great.. Lubbocks his for 3 days.. They are all out doing well and eating, hippos do not leave each others side.. They are crapping powder! Yes!!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: