mtk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.

I have about 7 acan frag's that I have had for about 5 month's. They are all doing good and growing but seem to have lost some of the bright colors they started out with. Just curious if there is anything to try to get them to color up. Here is a pic of one

IMG_7977.jpg

Thank's

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
I agree with the above. I don't think there is an easy way to tell what bulbs or lighting will work best and even if it does make your acan better it may not be good for your other corals. I would try moving them down lower and see if that helps.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Cool. I was not sure about the light requirements. some of these guys are low on the sand bed but will try and get them into some shadow's
well, if they have been down low for a few months and are losing color then I would try moving up. I don't know if there is any way to tell what lighting is best but some like more and some less and all you can do is judge by the results. Move them a bit higher and give them a few weeks, at least, to see how they react.

FaviaFreak

Aquarium Village
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
in my experience lower light levels in the 20k range and higher is the key to unleashing the best colors of acans, especially any rainbow variants

higher light tends to wash out the best colors (sure they can live but the colors are blah and they get stripping) also occasional spot feeding will keep them happy and puffy

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: