Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Good morning all, its a sad day for me I lost all of SPS in my 250gal when my chiller died out on me while I was away for the weekend and the tank over heated, so although I'm down and out, I still have all my fishes mostly :(, but I've decided to stay away from the SPS for awhile.

So here is my question, the few pieces of LPS that I had still hung in there. I'm not looking to get any coral until the weather cools back off, as I don't have the money for a new chiller. But when I do I think I will stick with LPS so what would be some really nice pieces to consider in that size tank I'm looking to fill the tank with depth and movement. so tell me guys what should I get and if there any that pop out color wise

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
You can do an LPS and soft coral tank that would knock your socks off.

You are in the Bronx, take a trip to The Reef Shoppe, plenty to choose from.

My big recommendation is that you be patient. Go with frags or small colonies and let them grow in.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
LPS Recommended:
BTAs, Leather, Frogspawn, Torches, Hammer, zoas, palytoas, acans, brains, welso/lobos

Other corals (but invasive):
Green Star Polyps, Pulsing Xenias, Anthelias, mushrooms (red, blue), kenya trees, Green hairy mushrooms.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
LPS Recommended:
BTAs, Leather, Frogspawn, Torches, Hammer, zoas, palytoas, acans, brains, welso/lobos

Other corals (but invasive):
Green Star Polyps, Pulsing Xenias, Anthelias, mushrooms (red, blue), kenya trees, Green hairy mushrooms.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I can keep my Nem's from moving around the tank lol they get caught in my MP40's

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
That is part of patience. It is like a garden, if you let things grow it can look beautiful. If you start out with full grown plants it tends to look unnatural.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Yeah I'm gonna wait til frag swap in September and get a bunch of frags, not gonna do anything til then as I still don't have a chiller, so ill wait til the weather cools off easier to heat a tank than to cool one down

salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
are you sure that your tank overheated and not something else caused the problem the reason im asking is because i did not hook my chiller to my tank yet and although it was hot for a couple of days and my tanks temp rose above 85 degrees my sps are doing fine i would make sure that all your parameters are in check

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: