Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
i would like to get my girl a hybrid. how is yours coming along? she has been wanting one for some time now she has a MH over her 34 solona but i also wanna put a T5 combo witch would spice everything up. was this costly for you?

I'm happy so far with the light, it is not at full power as I am still acclimating the tank but I can't wait to see what happens. I was lucky to get this light built at an affordable price.

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Its adds to 11..i'm guessing two cluster of that :)

Tank and lights look great! My office just moved away from times square so probably won't be able to meet as easily for frags anymore :(

Btw, that last batch I got from you are all doing great! That green slimer is starting to look sweet! Same for the spongodes and the yellow milli!

HEY YOU!!! Yes 2 clusters.
I'm glad the corals are doing well for you, come on! there is always time to go to maybe Manhattan Aquariums, and if there is time for that there is time for Times Sq. hehehe

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
FTS
IMG_1593.JPG

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
0.0 amazing i see.

can you give me some in site with acros they seem to be thriving very well in your tank my girl has a 34 solona acros are doing so/so some perished some didn't but not gaining all its color to the full potential it should be.

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
set up i think 3-4months months ago. she has figi rock, 150W MH HEXARC 14k blue bulb, coralife skimmer, no reactor atm, she doses liquid reef, MAG and i think reactor but not sure about that one. and i dont no what kind of filtration she uses

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
set up i think 3-4months months ago. she has figi rock, 150W MH HEXARC 14k blue bulb, coralife skimmer, no reactor atm, she doses liquid reef, MAG and i think reactor but not sure about that one. and i dont no what kind of filtration she uses

And her parameters are in line? Calcium, alk, mag, phosphates, nitrates?
If she doesn't know then those would be the tests I would do to determine if the water is okay. Acros do much better in established systems or very clean systems. Long term success depends on keeping parameters as stable as possible.

While these are guidelines, I can confess that I am part of the Alk and Calcium swingers club. Last couple of weeks calcium is testing at 290, I've upped the dosers of course but no damage or problems to be seen. I have a ton of coralline and SPS which suck up 1dKH a day and calcium too so keeping on top of things helps all the livestock.

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
the temperature does swing because of me goes from 76 in the morning to 80 and back to 76. i no its bad and i shouldn't keep doing that. i no that could be doing it also.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: