• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

stooops718

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
How big is your tank? Is it tall or shallow?

I have a purple firefish that doesn't hide and a six line wrasse that is all over the place. I have heard six lines prefer swimming up and down, so that is why I asked about tall or shallow. Have you considered clowns? They are usually the go to nano fish.

jay1513

Just Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
How big is your tank? Is it tall or shallow?

I have a purple firefish that doesn't hide and a six line wrasse that is all over the place. I have heard six lines prefer swimming up and down, so that is why I asked about tall or shallow. Have you considered clowns? They are usually the go to nano fish.

L 20.8 x W 20.1 x H 19

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
All fish that your purchase onine or a LFS or vendor will hide around until it gets use his surrounding. Just give it time for it to explore he's surrouding. When I purchased my first fish he was hiding behing my overflow everday till he go use to the tank. Now he only hides is when the lights go off in the tank.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I think you should wait a month or more before adding any more fish (even then only add 1, then wait another month or three, then add hour last fish).

I am a sucker for pairs. Why not find mates for your two fish. I think a black ice would be a cool compliment to your picasso (make sure you find a proper mate though, in regards to size and sex).

A picture of your tank would help, as aquascaping/layout & sandbed is a factor.

Last edited:

jay1513

Just Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I think you should wait a month or more before adding any more fish (even then only add 1, then wait another month or three, then add hour last fish).

I am a sucker for pairs. Why not find mates for your two fish. I think a black ice would be a cool compliment to your picasso (make sure you find a proper mate though, in regards to size and sex).

A picture of your tank would help, as aquascaping/layout & sandbed is a factor.

Here u go: I'm not good at aquascaping so if u wanna come by and re-do it feel free.
BC292_9_2012.jpg

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Aquascaping looks great!
How deep is your sand bed (some fish sleep/eat/play in sand bed)?
Are you rocks stable? I ask bc some fish jam themselves in rocks to sleep and if your rocks are not stable the rocks could fall, killing said fish.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: