xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Thanks Jeff your live saver been looking a stand for the 12g rimless all this time. I might just go with the same sent up as yours buddy. Is that stand stirred enough to hold up the tank set with the sand and rock as well the sump?

Last edited:

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Angelo - It's actually a frankenstand.
I used 2 different storage cabinets and a 2 36" shelves to have the stand made.
Here is a not so good angled pic hard to take a good front pic as this tank is in a corner.
CD7D711B_zpsc6f6c5d1.jpg

Here are links to the parts used to build it.
http://store.closetmaid.com/webapp/...ory_rn=10062&categoryId=10169&productId=10516
http://store.closetmaid.com/webapp/...ory_rn=10062&categoryId=10169&productId=10521
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...maid+shelf&storeId=10051&superSkuId=203146149

dherrera - Lol. With the limited real estate we have in our tanks, we gotta think of ways to keep our DT clean.
Every inch counts in our builds.
The gooseneck are by boostled. I got them used though from another MR member.
Wingo says he is going to have some goosnecks coming but based on the pics he sent it seems to fall too short at around 10" length.
It seems it wouldn't work if you are to attach them on the rim.
As for the bulbs I got the blues from ebay. This will work for moonlighting your tank if placed inside the shade you have on your lamps.
It is a cheap moonlighting solution which might work in your set up.

I just got 3 bulbs and i might start working on them this weekend. I am going to be placing a par38 in the sump where i will be keeping my frags... Lets see how it goes.

Thanks for the info andgreat find.

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Oh thanks I only read the last page. Love your set up keep it up looks really really awesome
Thanks man.
There is an ebay seller with reef clamps but they seem to be pricier than boostled.

I just got 3 bulbs and i might start working on them this weekend. I am going to be placing a par38 in the sump where i will be keeping my frags... Lets see how it goes.

Thanks for the info andgreat find.
The par38 will be plenty strong for a sump frag rack.
I was thinking of using par30 but the smaller 3watt reef bulb seems a better fit for my small sump.

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
ima use the small bulbs as moon lighting for the main tanks and sump... par38's all around and the little 4w for moon lights are gonna make my tank look awesome!... lol

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Just a random shot of one of the critters that I rarely get to see in the tank.
This pompom crab is always in between nooks and crannies.
50EB3853.jpg

My 1 year old daughter enjoying her front row seat to view the tank and look at the "fff" or "ishhh" as she calls them.
I had to install locks on the cabinet doors and clear up the shelves from reef stuff as she starts to walk around the apartment already.
1F63C6BD.jpg

Last edited:

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I got the same pics of my daughter... lol

great shot, its funny; now she doesn't let me feed the fishes. She is officially my auto feeder. I keep tiny little cups of frozen fish food portions for my fish just so that she can feed them without over feeding...

great shot!

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Hey Jeff, i picked up thos leds from ebay. They are pretty good man. It sucks that i can use them on my tank unless i switch out the bulbs; but that wouldnt help. I am going to put those in my sump instead of the par 38 i have. Its much smaller and leaves more room to move stuff around.

Hows it doing for your frag area? Wanna make sure ur happy with it before i do it... lol

Let me know cause im running out of frag space!!.. lol

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
You can get one of those screw bulb socket with hook on HD so you can install the 3w led bulb.
How much clearance is there on sides of the par38 and lamp shade? If the lamp holder and bulb will fit in the shade then you can have them wired so you can do moonlights.

It's a great little light over my fuge/frag rack.
With frags 10" under the lights, they are doing great.
Have a couple of sps growing under them too.

Last edited:

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Here's a full tank shot with the new bulb configuration.
386D51A1.jpg

Changed to the silver boostled and hooked 4 bulbs instead of 3 for better coverage.
I also shifted the blue moonlight to the center and tweaked the optics so now it has >120 degree spread to cover most of the tank.
Still trying to get a couple of 4 watt bulb made with a mix of 1blue, 1cyan, 1red , 1violet mix per bulb with 120 degree optics to supplement the current lights and see if it will be a full spectrum effect.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: