JeremyXXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
good good just lost my larger goniopora but I know that they aren't an easy one to keep so I'm not taking it to heart ya know. Everything else is looking good even with the addition of such a large anemone.

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Updated Pics - Enjoy!

Some updated pics of my ~25 gallon aio. I no longer have the Fluval Edge so I probably need to start a new thread or edit the title of this one..

These were taken with blue LEDs only. Will post more pics later today.

Attachments

• DSC00970.JPG
    DSC00970.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC00972.JPG
    DSC00972.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC00974.JPG
    DSC00974.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC00975.JPG
    DSC00975.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC00977.JPG
    DSC00977.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC00978.JPG
    DSC00978.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC00980.JPG
    DSC00980.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 187

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
I like that anemone.
It's too late to add one in my tank or probably not really a good idea to have one in it.

Looks like another edge bites the dust. It was a fun little tank though.
More FTS of your set up. Lol.

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Thanks guys..I def need more corals but trying to add them slowly and always on the lookout for some good deals..

I was scared to get the anemone. It moved the first 2 days but has not moved since. I think it is happy as it has almost doubled in size.

I will get some pics up soon..tough without a professional type camera..lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edge tank:
7lbs live rock
10lbs live sand
2 clown fish
Hammer
Various miscellaneous zoas
Duncan
GSP
3 snails and 3 hermit crabs

Glad to see you have a pair of small clowns in your Edge- I'm thinking of doing the same but some people have been chastised for putting one let alone two clowns in a 6-gallon. Do you still have them and how have they done for you?

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
@jchrissy -- 2 clowns in the 6 gallon was a risk but honestly I had the edge for about 10 months and the clowns were happy..I did water changes every 10 days so I think that made up for the bioload..the edge was a great tank but no longer have it..I still have the 2 clowns though..they took some time getting used to the 25 gallon but I think they love the extra swimming space..they are all over that tank..

If you are going to do 2 clowns,keep up with the water changes and doubt oveefeed..keep the bioload small..
good luck..

rcharliesam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Glad to see you have a pair of small clowns in your Edge- I'm thinking of doing the same but some people have been chastised for putting one let alone two clowns in a 6-gallon. Do you still have them and how have they done for you?

I am not sure about edge2011's experience, but I will share mine. I had an occelaris in my edge for 6 months. It started as a juvenile and grew very quickly in the tank.

When I upgraded tanks and got a second clown, I realized how big my first clown really was. I felt bad that I kept him in the edge at that size. I would say it is a bad idea to house 2 in a 6 gallon edge. If I had to do it over, I wouldn't even put 1 in there.

They are wonderful little tanks and I miss mine, but they are definitely better suited for smaller gobies.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jchrissy -- 2 clowns in the 6 gallon was a risk but honestly I had the edge for about 10 months and the clowns were happy..I did water changes every 10 days so I think that made up for the bioload..the edge was a great tank but no longer have it..I still have the 2 clowns though..they took some time getting used to the 25 gallon but I think they love the extra swimming space..they are all over that tank..

If you are going to do 2 clowns,keep up with the water changes and doubt oveefeed..keep the bioload small..
good luck..

Thanks- sorry you've shut yours down. And now with this being my 5th post, I'll start my tank thread if you care to follow along. I'd love your insight on any do's or don'ts as I begin.

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I agree with you and think fish deserve the largest tanks you can give them.both my clowns were 1.5" and 1"respectively so that was probably too small a tank for them..the thing however I have noticed with clowns is if they have something to host in,they don't usually stray too far...mine stayed close to my frogsoawn and seemed happy :)

rcharliesam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Yeah, they do seem to stay mostly in the same area, so perhaps they are very content in the smaller tanks.

I was just really surprised when I saw how big mine was next to the new guy, as the big one was the same size as the small one at the time of purchase.

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Lol..they do grow fast.
mine are now about 2" and 1.5"..i cant wait for them to mature..sometimes I think they paired up cause they do a little dance together but only the bigger one is hosted by anemone..little one not aalowed in. Funny little creatures but hands down my favorite fish..

rcharliesam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Mine kind of hang out in the same spot in my solana, but sleep on opposite sides of the tank. So I would imagine if I had a anemone, it would be the same situation as yours.

I am very partial to my first clown and they are fun to watch but my yellow wrasse has become the "favorite".

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Updated pics

After recently moving to a new apt (what a pain it was to move the tank..lol), I decided to modify my aquascape a bit. Here are some updated pics. Quality isn't too good but enjoy!

BTW, all livestock made the move. Only thing is my rose bubble tip split yesterday but both pieces seem healthy!

Attachments

• 2012-09-29 18.26.08.jpg
    2012-09-29 18.26.08.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 2012-09-29 18.26.22.jpg
    2012-09-29 18.26.22.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 2012-09-29 18.26.34.jpg
    2012-09-29 18.26.34.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 2012-09-29 18.26.47.jpg
    2012-09-29 18.26.47.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 122

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: