Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
After 8 months of setting up my 6 gallon edge, I decided to set up another tank. I bought this AIO from another MR member for a friend of mine but he flaked so I ended up with it. His loss....my gain.. :)

I made a custom stand to accomodate both tanks although it is not yet finished. For now, it is doing its job. Proud of how it came out.

Edge tank:
7lbs live rock
10lbs live sand
2 clown fish
Hammer
Various miscellaneous zoas
Duncan
GSP
3 snails and 3 hermit crabs

New AIO:
20lbs live rock
20lbs live sand
2 yellow tail damsels
xenia frag
Recovering Gonipora
6 snails
6 hermit crabs

Lighting:

Edge - LED Edge Savior - 18 watts dimmable
AIO - DIY 30 watt dimmable LED fixture - picked up from a fellow reefer.

I hung both LEDs using some basic supplies from Home Depot - so far so good.

Enjoy these few first pics.

Attachments

• DSC00843-New.jpg
    DSC00843-New.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 662
  • DSC00844-New.jpg
    DSC00844-New.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 656
  • DSC00845-New.jpg
    DSC00845-New.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 656
Last edited:

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Our little piece of the ocean!!

Here is a little video that I took with my phone (sorry for the quality and shakiness) of the tank's progress so far. Later I will take a better video with all the equipment upgrades.

Enjoy.

BTW, I know there are tang police on this forum but hopefully no puffer police. :scratchch
My little puffer is less than an inch but once he outgrows the tank, I will find him a bigger home. :wink1:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=q3APR8vUQj4

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Puffer is one of the smarter fish too. Many recognize a person not by the color of what you wear. I used to have one in my club that would do the "get attention" when he sees me, no matter what I wear, even 20 feet away but when other people passes by, he ignores them and usually just follow them with the eyes.

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Puffer is one of the smarter fish too. Many recognize a person not by the color of what you wear. I used to have one in my club that would do the "get attention" when he sees me, no matter what I wear, even 20 feet away but when other people passes by, he ignores them and usually just follow them with the eyes.

Learn something new everyday. I think it is my favorite fish right now. He loves to ride the current too.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: