• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jf2381

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
For some reason I can't stay away from the nano tanks..

I have been dedicating a bunch of time and money to this little tank.

Tank is a Nuvo 16 (Thanks Akma) and it is temporarily lit by a Maxspect 60. I will be upgrading the lights to either an AI sol Blue or AI vega.

FTS
DSC_0295.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

Livestock
DSC_0292.jpg

DSC_0297.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0297-1.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0299-1.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0301.jpg

Last edited:

jf2381

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Nice clowns!

What's the issue of Maxspect that you need to switch the light?

Thanks. I am having a little issue with the female. She is losing all the black on her fins and I can't figure out why.
Here she is a few months ago.
DSC_0486.jpg

It's not strong enough for the nems. By the end of the day they are stretch so far up that they almost touch the surface.

Last edited:

jf2381

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Here are some update on the tank. The nem killed the clam.. I move the two rocks closer to each other so some aptasia eating nuddis could move between the two rocks.

Bleeding Apple
DSC_0233_zps418a9797.jpg

Interesting Scoly.
DSC_0247_zps75d747cb.jpg

Tyree Pink Watermelon
DSC_0241_zps1513689c.jpg

Miami Hurricane
DSC_0240_zps659f9bda.jpg

jf2381

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I'm using the top but I switching to a mesh cover. Too much water condenses on the glass top.
I did not get the Stocks lights so I cannot speak about them. Thi have a mxspec 60 and it is enough for the nem if placed directly over it.

ClownAquatics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.8%
45   3   0
How do you like the nuvo, I am thinking of getting one for my bedroom to replace my current aqueon 8g evolve. Your tank definitely inspired me as having a nem w/ just a pair of clowns would be awesome.

Can you give more details about your filtration/husbandry and any tips on keeping the tank?

Thank you,

Brandon

jf2381

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Hey guys.

This is a nice system but a bit restrictive due to the all in one design.

I have been considering replacing it with a Deep Blue 30 and adding a sump/skimmer fuge.
In order to keep the parameters in check I have to do a water change of about 2l. every other day.

ClownAquatics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.8%
45   3   0
Hey guys.

This is a nice system but a bit restrictive due to the all in one design.

I have been considering replacing it with a Deep Blue 30 and adding a sump/skimmer fuge.
In order to keep the parameters in check I have to do a water change of about 2l. every other day.

Those 30g deep blue frag tanks are very nice! One thing about your tank though is that the AIO makes for a great setup for say a bedroom where you could put it on a night stand.

Now I'm torn between the nuvo or doing like you said a 30g deep blue :x. And if you're going to do the 30g why not a 60g just double the height :x so many choices. :teeth:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: