thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Tons of threads on this topic, really will come down to personal preferences
Like most things in this hobby. What one person uses, works best for them, and they will surely tell you its the best
I have used tropic marin and io salt in past and was happy with both products.

jggav66

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Personal preference

I was always a Tropic Marin man. Till someone recommended ESV. I only have fish in my tank and have not yet seen the difference. There maybe with reefing but fish not so much. The exciting thing about ESV is mixing the four components. You sort of feel your doing the extra work to keep your babies happy. I am no expert just stating my experience. In time you will find which works best for you application.

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
For fish only, I see no real reason to get anything but Instant Ocean.

Apart from the fact that it is crappy to mix. (I always get some "residual" at the bottom of my bucket with him, even though the MJ1200 I use to mix is not really letting the water settle).

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
I personaly think that salt should be selected solely based on what you aim to grow in your tank!!! All salts differ by levels and prep times , some are mix and add others need to sit for a certain Time . It however is always one of my favorite topics when it comes up .

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I've been using ESV for a while now, I've been lucky that when I've been low one of the members on here organizes a group buy. However, I have noticed that non of the places I shop at have ESV.

Once I run out of my current batch I'll be giving Red Sea or Tropic Marin a try.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: