fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
We're expecting a baby in a few weeks and it's becoming too hectic to take care of all of our animals. My wife is also a little nervous about having cats with a baby. We'd love to find a good home for Blue, a year old Blue Point Ragdoll (male) (pure bread) and Willow a two year old Calico (female) we adopted from Southampton Animal Shelter.

They're both great cats, Blue, the Ragdoll is shy at first but will become very attached. Willow isn't shy and is very friendly. They are tolerant of dogs (we have a rambunctious Boston Terrier they grew up with. Both have they're front paws declawed but have the backs. They must be indoor cats.

They can be taken together or seperately, if you take both you can have all of the different houses, food bowls etc that we have for them. Both were raised eating Innova Evolution premium cat food and neither have had any problems. All shots were given up to date and both are spayed and neutered.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4739.JPG
    IMG_4739.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_4735.JPG
    IMG_4735.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_4730.JPG
    IMG_4730.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_4722.JPG
    IMG_4722.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 145

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Blue is awesome looking. someone will be extremely lucky to get him.

I don't think cats are bad with babies, but it's your call.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I raised all 4 of my children around cats, and never had any issues what so ever! And my daughter has had cats around her girls 8 & 5 without any problems either!! If that helps

fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
we love our cats but they've already made their way into the crib, pack and play and changing table. My wife is just nervous with all the horror stories she hears about a cat smothering the baby etc. We really don't want to live our lives around keeping doors closed, and worrying if the cat is with the baby, unable to reach them because they're hiding under something.

Outside of that our plates are way overfilled with all that's going on. With the baby coming I'd hate for the cats to not get the attention that they deserve.

reef28

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Please do not give your cats up. This is redicolious that a cat would harm your children. IF you have not harmed your cats and they are friendly and are fed, there shouldn't be a problem with your cats around any children. I have had 4 cats raised with my twin boys. The cats were right in the middle of there ninga turtle games, sitting on top of the house they made with there lego's that they were playing with. I had the cats first as well as dogs and never had a problem. If I gave my cats away I would feel like I gave my children up for adoption, they are part of my family, I know some people think that is crazy, but they gave love just a well. I Have never heard of a cat killing a baby. Nicks wife wrote this from experience.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I would hate for you to give your pets up for the wrong reason. there is not one verified case of a cat smothering a child, it's a myth. still it's not good to have 2 cats in the crib with a newborn. People have used crib tents to keep the child in the crib and cats out. hth

fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have someone interested in taking both. If something happens I'll be sure to get in touch.

Thank you for the concern guys, we're being selective with who we give the cats to. We believe we found an excellent home for them.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
fluid i as well had 2 cats when my daughter was born. worse thing they will do it lick the milk off your childs face, that old tale they will take the breathe away from child is a old wise tale. beautiful cats. wish i could take them but not allowed pets. glad fish arent pets

cb747

How many is too many?
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I had 3 cats when my son was born. Cats are inquisitive as you know so that elxplains them in the crib, changing table etc. there checking the new items out. Cats dont smother kids and rthats a myth. There is no reason to be nervous or worried. Speaking for my cats they were scared of my son when he was an infant so they pretty much avoided him at all costs.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: