TotalKhaos

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the she's young comment being a rotten excuse.

I was living on my own, working and going to school at age 16.

mn95616

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Justin - if you were in jail, I doubt it was your head that was up your ass. 8O (Sorry - couldn't resist. You set yourself up for that one.)

I guess I am one of those people that get really sick and tired of constant excuses. There's a reason why I would not make a good counselor. :P

Seriously though - I hope we all give Lilleah a second chance. Giving her a second chance doesn't mean we have to be "buddy" with her - but we should at least treat her with respect.

Minh

Justin74":186xgytt said:
I was in jail with my head up my ass at 19, so I cant throw stones :lol:

-Justin

Justin74

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mn95616":13c7g8nj said:
Justin - if you were in jail, I doubt it was your head that was up your ass. 8O (Sorry - couldn't resist. You set yourself up for that one.)
/quote]

OUCH!Ya I did :roll:

-Justin

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO you all were very harsh to her.

So she messed up a few times, does that mean that you all need to be SOOO friggin harsh to her? Give her a chance at least to learn from her mistakes ;)

FWIW, sponsors do read the club forums, and opinions are formed by members posts, especially the presidents posts. With WMC coming up, this isn't a good way to attract vendors, sponsors and attendies. With so much money at stake, I'd think you'd be on your best behavour for the next year ;)

TotalKhaos

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree gresham.

Its easy to do as I did and just jump on the bandwagon and make jokes and be rude. I think we all kinda exhibited a sort of cruelty akin to what I remember enduring in highschool. Lilleah probably expects this from her peers not her elders and it cant feel good at all.

If I were her I would never return, feel shunned and hated. concidering her previous posts refering to her lack of friends from her own peer group, I imagine she has had a very difficult time fitting in, we only alienated her further by our lack of tactful constructive critisism and our blatant disregard for her feelings.

I'm not involved with the club in a way that concerns the public relations portion in anyway - but I'm sure it is exceedingly important that our club portay itself in a way that is appealing to reefers from all walks of life. And to do it with a smile opon our faces.

I frankly am ashamed of myself. At the time I thought I was being Cute and Clever, but in fact all I managed was to lower myself to a level I havent been since highschool.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I was going to reply to your post, then I read your sig :lol:

I got to admit, I'm guilty of doing it as well, maybe not to her, but I have to others :(

I feel for her, it's hard being a creative person in high school. Art is shunned by most peers at that age. It's hard to grow up quickly, when you don't have many friends. She's a dang good artist, and prolific at that. She cares above and beyond for life, I commend her on that. I wish there were more poeple like her around.

mn95616

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suffice to say: "Some things just never changes." :roll:

TotalKhaos":23sx5vxo said:
Dont you talk that crap to me and delete if before I can see it Minh :lol:

aww come-on - I wanna Know whatcha said!!! :D

anatolia-live

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RasBobre":365vh450 said:
Okay, no flaming. But I personally think that the RC site is getting a bit annoying. I need good informative information. I have been following a few threads, but I am getting a bit tired of the "lol's" and the 1:1 posts that should be handled through the PM tabs.

Anybody else feel that way?

As far as I know, most people don't like to use the PM system because it lacks the benefit of the public board, namely that more than two people can participate.

Sacramento Community - An online community resource for homes in the greater Sacramento area.

bluenassarius

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, i didn't know you guys felt that way about the LOL posts. i'll refrain from those type of posts on the RC Mars board.

i also didn't know they had another MARS board on another site..

moggyhill

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gee, I am missing out on all the fun going on out there. I am just stuck in the Southeast awaiting hurricane season.
LOL

Ooops

Ok, I won't do that again. :D

Justin74

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My take on it, a few people made there opinion clear that it gets spammy for a quick sum up and that kinda chilled everyone out all together for awhile, even though it really wasnt intended towards MARS members. Then when a few members like myself wait for the smoke to settle we try to get rid of some stuff to make room and opens into a big fricken free for all again :roll:

So whos gonna clear all that crap up so I can get rid of the rest of my frags? ;):D

-Justin

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: