CIA

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
For all you city folks do you let you dog pee on the sidewalk? I bought home a puppy 3 months ago and have had multiple complaints about it peeing on the sidewalk. Should I walk the dog on the street?

DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Im confused, people complain he pees on the sidewalk? If so, tell them TOUGH SH^&
I wish my dogs would pee on the sidewalk, we gotta go to park most the time

where on the sidewalk? Is it cleaned regularly?

hijinks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
generally curb your dog means take him out on the street.. In manhattan dogs peed all over the street.. i never cared but i own dogs and understand they always don't make it to the correct spot so i never saw much of a deal.. but i can see why others would care.

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
For all you city folks do you let you dog pee on the sidewalk? I bought home a puppy 3 months ago and have had multiple complaints about it peeing on the sidewalk. Should I walk the dog on the street?
I lived in your neighborhood, grew up there.
I could understand the complaints about dogs peeing on sidewalk especially if homeowners sit in front of their house. dogs mark territory so if your dog pees there so will other and in summer can stink.
according to the NYC administrative code a homeowner is responsible for keeping side walk clear and clean and up to 4' from the curb clean.

when I lived in Brooklyn I used to walk my dog in the street
now my dogs go into woods to go
just my .02

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
My current dog doesn't like peeing on the sidewalk/concrete. She looks for grass. The best we can do is that she will pee next to the fenced tree tufts.
If she was a little smaller, I would toss her over the little fences :)

Try to keep them off the sidewalk and closer to the curb. Either way, you'll never please everybody...

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Ok, I'll start walking the dog on the street. I just need to watch out for those crazy drivers.

Body Block. Keep yourself in front of the dog. The cars won't see them.

I got yelled at for my dog peeing on the street next to some one's parked car. You truly CAN'T win...

hijinks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
you can always bring a bottle of water and dump it where the dog pees.. but knowing most uptight NYers.. you might get yelled at for dumping water on the sidewalk.

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Getting sick of NY:irked:

Me too :irked:

When I first moved back to NY my dog was not used to going to the bathroom where there was no lawn. He wouldn't go to the damn bathroom at all! The only places he would go was the little squares around the trees and the park. One day I got harassed because my dog pissed on a tree. I asked that person where I should take him. No alternative was provided. Some people have nothing better to do. I also got harassed about picking up my dog's crap before he was done with his business. I had to pull the ziploc bag out of my pocket to show the a$$hole because apparently if the bag isn't visible that gives people the right to bust your chops ::letitallo

I always pick up the dog's crap and do my best to have him pee out of the way. I even buy ziploc bags for his crap so no one has to smell it in the garbage can.

georgelc86

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I actually use BioBags so that it decomposes. Besides who cares about the smell if your using a public can to dispose. Its like people smoking outside. Dont catch an attitude with someone if they are smoking and your both outside. Problem with NYC is that its starting to fill up with prissy punks.

georgelc86

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
You know what burns me, people walking their dog off leash. I dont care how awesome or super diddly cool your dog is thats still dangerous as sh!t to others and to the dog. Oh, and the cops not giving out a ticket for it either when it happens in front of them.

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
You know what burns me, people walking their dog off leash. I dont care how awesome or super diddly cool your dog is thats still dangerous as sh!t to others and to the dog. Oh, and the cops not giving out a ticket for it either when it happens in front of them.

Been through this one too.

In NY, you have to have the dog "in control" and on a leash no longer than 6 ft. They don't state that the owner needs to be holding the leash.

I don't like it when strange dogs approach my dog off leash in public. Some owners think I'm nuts, but I'm just protecting my dog from "strangers". If their dog was so "in control" they would be able to recall it... Grrrr.

I'd be in Florida now, if it weren't for the economy..

Last edited:

Davidl919

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
If it isn't against the law let your dog go on the sidewalk. I could understand the community frowning on you if the dog was doing it in their lawn causing stains but the sidewalk is fair game. I'm lucky enough that my dog will pee anywhere no.2 requires grass but nobody is perfect. Good Luck.

I'm sick Of NYc too but it's convenient and when the symptoms get real bad a little Vaca makes it all go away.:eek:

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
when i lived in newport, jersey city i had a guy who lived a few houses down complain about letting my dog pee on the sidewalk... at first he started with the poop which i always picked up i just put the bag in my pocket when it wasnt full...

my dog liked to pee at a tree infront of this guys stoop... well he came out and started yelling bout how gross it was and i should take my dog elsewhere...

i turned to him and said, call the police, i live 4 houses down on the second floor, lets see if they have a problem with me walking my dog, on my block, in a town i pay taxes in... he went into a range.. so i took the ultimate stab @ him.. i ***** bout the P.O.S. honda civic he had that he never moved, looked like crap and made a ton of noise....i'm a new yorker @ heart, i'll argue w/ anyone...

long story short, i started to put my dog poop in his trash can :P

PS; i too was tired of NY/NJ so i moved to Vermont to take an easy IT job and snowboard every weekend :)

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I don't get it? Why don't you all just let the dogs pee and crap in front of your own houses? This way when you are sitting out there on nice humid day, you can take comfort in knowing that it was your puppy that caused malodorous perfume in the air.

Enough with the New York bashing already too.:irked:

Steven

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: