• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
heres me giving another shot at photography.. lmao...

Attachments

• DSC0344023232.jpg
    DSC0344023232.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 334
P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Yo Ronen,

Congrats on pic of the week. See you don't need that macro lens anymore.

Funny thing is that when i saw it was like holy crap, i have that pic. Remember when i went over to take the pics, well i took one at almost the same identical angle. Check it out. Congrats once again!

Last edited by a moderator:

regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Pedro said:
Yo Ronen,

Funny thing is that when i saw it was like holy crap, i have that pic. Remember when i went over to take the pics, well i took one at almost the same identical angle. Check it out. Congrats once again!

Ha Ha,

Ronen beated you with his crapy camera.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hey,

Ronen's is a rebel, not that i am a fan of canon, but it's damn good! lol So take back that crappy comment! :smash:

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Pedro said:
Yo Ronen,

Thank you very much Pedro .I wish i knew what i did to get that pic ,No tripod just point (no breathing ) and shoot

You lie to me ,thats my pic you just put your name on it ,lol :biggrin: ,,lol Jking jking

I see i have the talent you have ,Im a rebel with a cause :biggrin:

That is a sweet pic Too ,copy cat:biggrin:

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
What exactly are you trying to do?

I am starting to see alot of these pics with clowns and corals other than anemones. That's good to show the newcomers to the hobby that an enemone is not required.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
vanceny said:
just clean it up and make it look nicer. I'm not much of a photgrapher so I think photoshop could help with my mistakes.

Dont wrry ,im not a much one either ,how i took the Photo of the week is beyond me ,Imnot the best ,but keeep trying and sooner or later youll get the hang of it ,or just bug Pedro :biggrin: ,,lol

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
with 5.5 you have all the tools to clean up a photo.

I use a combination of things.

This is my usual workflow for a jpeg taken with a dig camera.

open, check the levels, do a preliminary level adjustment.
then using color balance/selective color/hue&saturation I adjust the color.
after getting the color to my satisfaction I go back to the levels and do the final adjustments. the last step is using the unsharp mask to sharpen the image. I also will use the dodge and burn tools and a variety of other ones when needed.

Everyone has their own workflow with photoshop there are always more than one way to accomplish the same thing. perhaps Pedro and I can have a PS workshop someday.

vanceny

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
That would be great. Its the layers that always confuse me. I have trouble using them. I've played around with it for abit but I guess I were more proficient at it.
I guess its more practice makes perfect kind of thing.
19.gif

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
it's the kind of thing you need to be shown, but then you have to use the program a lot and get the feel of it.

I believe that the many years I spent in a darkroom helps me when working on an digital image. I used to print all my own black and white, and color photos.
you get a real good sense for color and dealing with the contrast and densitys of a negative and print. Jumping right into photoshop I think you miss some of that basic training.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I couldn't agree more. It's hard to give a set workflow because each picture requires different solutions. Take sharpening for example. I normally try to sharpen just the channel with the least amount of noise. Normally that would be the blue channel.

I think you just need to really start using it more often. Try picking up a book or two. After you get the hang of it it will be pretty easy to you. I am still learning quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: