Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
OK...filled with water
That little giant is perfect, quite and great flow. No need for a powerhead.
fragtank009.jpg

Still need to add about 5 Gallon of water
fragtank005.jpg

Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
gurgle noise...from the overflow, actually louder then the return pump! Need to find a way to minimize the noise. For the most part, I think nothing more is needed for this setup. Maybe a AC Jr controller for the light, heater, fan and PH probe.

Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
gurgle noise...from the overflow, actually louder then the return pump! Need to find a way to minimize the noise. For the most part, I think nothing more is needed for this setup. Maybe a AC Jr controller for the light, heater, fan and PH probe.
I know what you mean about the noise. I haven't tried this myself, but i read somewhere that if you stick a airline tube or a straw down the overflow (don't drop it, just hold it so that its half in and half out of the overflow)it should lower the gurgling noise. Not sure if it actually works, worth trying. Take a strow and hold it down and see what happens.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
sweet setup, i would love that as my main tank. so much you can do with those dimensions...! lol

anyways, what is the thickness of that acrylic? Judging by the photo, if you did choose to get an mp10 i seriously doubt it would work. Acrylic appears very thick.!

if you ever decide to sell that, please let me know because i like!

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
i dont have syphen breaks in mine bc i have enough of a sump to hold the water when it drains down below my returns which is 3 1/2" from the water surface.. but if i didnt i would drill a small hole on the side of the return the piece that comes thru the bulkhead, i would do it so that when the water drops abt 1" from the surface the hole is exposed to air and wont keep sucking the water down to the level that the tips are and flood out your living room

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: