brattramp

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'd love to see pics of REALLY jet black or deep red voltian lionfish.

Anyone who keeps lionfish wanna post their pics to share?

I'd also love to hear more about your experiences keeping lionfish.

Thanks!

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I don't have much to share, but i'll give you a friendly bump. This is a fascinating fish and if one day i have an aggressive tank, this will surely be in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

brattramp

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks Pedro. I'm thinking of setting up a 90g lionfish only tank. Probably a really black voltain (hard to find! - any leads?), and a few dwarfs. Wonder if anyone else in the area has done something similar and has stories to share.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks Rossana.

I am surprised noone has shared more pics. This fish is such an icon. Comeon ya'll, get going!

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Don't worry jenny, you have plenty of time. If not, the thread will be waiting when you set it up. What size tank you setting up?

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
NWA had a few black Volitans when I got this Mombasa from them two weeks ago. And they weaned them onto frozen; mine was eating prongs the next day. Overall he's been a very cool fish - and even though he might have been the cause of two fatal carpet surfing incidents (have no evidence he was guilty) I don't (yet) regret getting him.

He's starting to recognize me and swims to the area where I've been feeding him when he's hungry. It's hard not to feed him all the time! And it's fascinating to watch him eat - you just kind of drop the food in front and as it floats towards him he'll suddenly lunge...and the food will be gone. He does it so fast you're almost not sure where the food went. I have a Purple Pseudo that he hasn't gone after. I won't be too upset if one day she disappears, to be honest. She's a nasty little...twitch. Here's a few pix of the Lion.

Attachments

• Lion1.jpg
    Lion1.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Lion3.jpg
    Lion3.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Lion4.jpg
    Lion4.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Lion5.jpg
    Lion5.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 80

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: