• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

T

twinreef

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
thanks. i used 150mm macro with a 2x converter. i think if i put a 500d i can get closer.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Nice shots Twin. I knew you have some in your vault. Thanks for sharing with us.

How close are they to the front of the glass? Not sure if the 500d will get you closer. I know with my 250d i have to be darn close since the focus range is minimized. Maybe since you have a longer MM lens than me it might work. Do you own the 500d? Would love to see the result.

Please keep them coming. We need this forum to rock!

If only they were this big it would be so easy to target feed, LMAO.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
oooh great polyp extention. Do you resize your photos ? and if so how do you do it ?

T

twinreef

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Josh - thanks

pedro thanks. i need to start shooting again.
i dont have the 500d. the coral was about 12 inches from the glass. i might buy the 250d or the 500d and some ext. tubes. would love get closer.

steve i use a photoshop to resize. i bought a action tool to resize for me. it does the resize in small increments.

Last edited:
P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Talk about DOF!

Nice one, looks like it's waiting to be fed! Now if only you can take it while it's feeding on say cyclops, just a thought! :scratchch

T

twinreef

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
pedro - i wonder how many shots i would have take to capture that shot.

jhale- thanks. definit need a tri. and mlu.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: