Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have had my current reef tank for about 10 years and I still find something new just about everytime I sit in front of the tank for anything longer than 15 minutes.

Awesome find! You should post a pic on Reef Central to see if anyone can ID it.

-Alfred

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have had my current reef tank for about 10 years and I still find something new just about everytime I sit in front of the tank for anything longer than 15 minutes.

Awesome find! You should post a pic on Reef Central to see if anyone can ID it.

-Alfred

why go to RC when we have Deanos who found this, http://www.edge-of-reef.com/macruri/MACpericlimenesimperatoren.htm .

I would love to see the shrimp again, I don't think I ever will :(

wing I have 20/20 vision :fishhit: the shrimp is small, you could not even eat it :P

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
It actually looks more like it has the body shape of a "Bumble Bee" shrimp (which is also inline with the size you said it was). Bumble Bees are related to Harlequins except they stay VERY small. I see them available from time to time. There are several commensal shrimp with that wedge like shape. If it is in the Emperor shrimp family, you are lucky to have it. They are usually very expensive IF you can even see them available. The emperor/ medusa worm symbiosis is probably one of the cooler relationships I've seen in a tank.

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have the most fun lookin for the critters in this hobby, sure the fish are cool and colorful but the critters are my favorite, especially when night time comes and the nocturnal critters come out.

Me too! I actually have my lights turn off at 8:30 :)

Cool shrimp J - and great photo! We need to add an invert library to the coral library.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
another shot :lobster: :starfish:

shrimpy.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
The shrimp lives!!

Mike/slamma came over today and I fragged a piece of the acro the shrimp came in. Guess who I saw when I cut one of the branches off :D
the shrimp was back in the coral and sharing his home with an acro crab.

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Update for the shrimp fans.

I've been watching the little shrimp and his acro crab buddy for some time now. They stay deep in the acro's branches and are tough to spot. to get a good shot of the shrimp would be really hard, so I'm glad I had the chance to get some close ups while he was in the dish.
I'll be home tomorrow and I'll see if I can get anything worth posting.
I might have to relocate the colony they are in to make more room for the vortech flow, I hope shrimp and crab do not mind :shhh:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: