Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I'm new to photography and looking for a good camera to take macro shots with. It will be used to photograph all the fish and corals in my new store to post here when the shop is ready. Looking for something easy to use without breaking the bank so to speak. Thanks in advance

FREEZE

colonist
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
canon rebel xt with canon 100mm lens. not a pro camera but very nice macro shots have been taken by many reefers that have this set up. shop around for best deal but combo should be less than 1K. some will say you should go with newer model but I've seen great pics taken with xt and you can get good deals on them now...

stoneriff

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I'm new to photography and looking for a good camera to take macro shots with. It will be used to photograph all the fish and corals in my new store to post here when the shop is ready. Looking for something easy to use without breaking the bank so to speak. Thanks in advance
I agree with FREEZE. I own the Canon Rebel XTI. It's a great camera. Check it out. B&H Photo usually has good deals on these. It's Canons most popular digital SLR.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
get a decent dslr body by canon or nikon then spend more money on a good lens.

by the way a macro lens will focus pretty slow compared to other lenses so you might have to get another lens to shoot fast moving fish.

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Some pics

Just a few practice pics with my new power shot s5 Is . For some reason my macro shots wont post:(

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0013_3.jpg
    IMG_0013_3.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 85

Deep Dive Coral

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
lenny if you have the port on your comp for the memory card of the camera use that. it works best. dont use the camera if you dont have to. i just did a bunch a macro shots with my fugifilm camera..im thinking of getting the s5si. what do you think of it. light? bulky? easy to navigate?

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Test pics

Some night shots, still learning how to use the cam:)

Attachments

• test pics 005.jpg
    test pics 005.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 79
  • test pics 002.jpg
    test pics 002.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 74
  • test pics 001.jpg
    test pics 001.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 77
  • test pics 003.jpg
    test pics 003.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 77
  • test pics 006.jpg
    test pics 006.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 76

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: