Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Just wanted to share a pic I took of our Jawfish (from WWOF) and Clam (from HOF)

DSCF0349-1.jpg

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Cute little fish. I do love them.

Yeah, they definetly keep your sand stirred and have outstanding personalities.. Best of luck with him..

They stir the sand mostly because they did not fnd the right material to build their nest. Once settled, they don't do that anymore but instead they float vertically in the water column. To help them find the right material, I always give them some coarse sand, some crushed coral and even couple PVC pipes of various sizes and sit them vertically in the cracks of rocks or sink it 3/4 into the sand bed where I can see them easily.

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Cute little fish. I do love them.

They stir the sand mostly because they did not fnd the right material to build their nest. Once settled, they don't do that anymore but instead they float vertically in the water column. To help them find the right material, I always give them some coarse sand, some crushed coral and even couple PVC pipes of various sizes and sit them vertically in the cracks of rocks or sink it 3/4 into the sand bed where I can see them easily.

Yea he isn't at all settled in yet that is for sure. He moves daily. I think though he may stick by the rock structure near the clam as there was a bunch of empty snail shells and some larger pieces of rubble/sand near there. Our other jawfish decided to find a home in the back of the tank... couldn't see him at all.. lol

Tito--- yea he put a bit of a dent in the pocket but WWOF had him the cheapest we'd seen anywhere. Also he looks great and is eating terrific, flake, frozen etc the first day forward. I typically don't like to spend anymore than $30 on a fish but he is just so stinkin' cute!!

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
beautiful fish, I always wanted one, does anyone know if they get along with the watchman goby?

The ones I had seem smart enough to tell the difference and did not bother the yellow watchman with blue dot too.:tongue1: Of course they would let the watchman to share the bed.

Price have gone down by half since last year so whoeve interested in owning one is not too bad a price to pay these days.

Yes, they can jump. A full cover is required. Check out KathyC's mesh cover for some idea.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: