kamikazee83

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hey guys! I have a Nikon D60 and I'm looking to purchase a lens. I was considering between the two:
Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro Autofocus Lens for Nikon AF-D
Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Autofocus Lens for Nikon AF

But any other suggestions are welcome as well.

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
this is what u want:
353_2160_AF-S-VR-Micro-NIKKOR-105mm-f-2.8G-IF-ED_front.jpg

AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The lens I use most frequently is the Tamron 18-250mm zoom. If I want to travel light, it is the only lens I take along with me. It's great for wide angle shots and for the close ups. Personally, I would not go with the 70-300, just because I find them to be too narrow for me. You won't regret spending a little extra to get the wider angle.

kamikazee83

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The lens I use most frequently is the Tamron 18-250mm zoom. If I want to travel light, it is the only lens I take along with me. It's great for wide angle shots and for the close ups. Personally, I would not go with the 70-300, just because I find them to be too narrow for me. You won't regret spending a little extra to get the wider angle.

Thanks Ellebelle

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro Autofocus Lens

I own this lens for my canon. Just so you know the macro can only be used at 300mm. You need to be at least 4' away from the subject just to focus on subject.

kamikazee83

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro Autofocus Lens

I own this lens for my canon. Just so you know the macro can only be used at 300mm. You need to be at least 4' away from the subject just to focus on subject.

oh wow! Ok that makes my decision a lot easier. I'm going to BnH one of these days and going to play around with their lens. Thanks

kamikazee83

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
tamron has a new 18-270 lens out, plus it has macro.

http://www.tamron.com/B003special/index.html

I have not tried it yet but take a look, for $600 it covers all the possibilities

I was just taking a look at the site, but nothing can beat using it. So if I do happen to pop into a store and find it, I will let you know how it is. It looks really good on paper though.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: