Simon Garratt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been playing with Photoshop Cs again and came up with these...hope you all enjoy..

Not quite to Mr Hale's level ( actually far from it...but I'm getting there slowly :eek:)

small%209.jpg

small%206.jpg

small%202.jpg

Simon Garratt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys, many thanks...Prattreef...agree, the thrigger was my favourite as well. superb subject as he just sat there and staired at me whilst i fired the camara at him repeatedly...

I now have the reefberry facility enabled as Im past 10 posts now, so my appologies for not responding earlyer..

Regards

simon.

Simon Garratt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi mark.

Just a plain old canon 350D, I use a few different lenses to be honest including a 60mm macro, although I'm not that technical when it comes to photography to be truthfull. i just stick on a lense and shoot away and see what comes out.

If i said there was any skill involved Id be lying profusely...More like sheer blind luck..

Si.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
hey Simon. I like the trigger and angel shots as well. I think those are your best fish captures. you managed to keep both eyes in focus which is one of the hardest things to do.

what are you doing in post production? some of the colors seem like they could use a bit more tweaking as well as the contrast.

cheers :)

Simon Garratt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, i see what you mean Jonathan. Ive just figured out that i have the digital vibrance enhanced on the nvidia card i use, so i just pulled up the images on my Laptop and the colours and contrast do look at bit washed.

Post production i usually just play around with the colour balance, contrast, brightness and saturation levels to get rid of any odd lighting hues that take away or mask the natural percieved colour. (like the yellowing you get when photographing under 10K's). i could probably up the contrast now as well to realy black out the background and get rid of any shallowness thats become evident on the laptop monitor..

seems its quite easy to forget that your own monitor settings can have a marked effect on what others see in your images compared to what you see when working on them.I think if anything i was actually under-doing the post processing..

Regards

simon.

Last edited:

Simon Garratt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry sohal i missed your question.

The trigger is Pseudobalistes fuscus or the Jigsaw trigger as its more commonly known. and the angel is P. E. xanthometopon or Blue Faced Angel(iirc there is still some debate over whether this is a member of the Pomocanthus or Euxiphipops family).

Regards

simon.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: