ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
I GOT THIS IDEA FROM BOB1000'S THREAD ABOUT DOSING AMINO ACIDS
This should be a really cool thread to post how your ORA corals look.
I think the best part would be the fact that all of the corals originated from the same place probably the same colony!!!, but will have very different looks due to husbandry, lighting flow and placement. Pictures don't have to be professional so lets have some fun with it.

IT will also help if you quickly list some of your details like FLOW(LOW MIDDLE UPPER), PLACEMENT, LIGHTING(WATTS-KELVIN), SUPPLEMENTS(SUCH AS AMINO ACIDS, ZEOVIT ETC... IF ANY)...THIS WILL HELP

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
My Ora Frags

I JUST RECENTLY GOT MY FRAGS. AND THEY ARE ON A FRAG RACK WILL UPDATE WITH GROWTH/ COLOR CHANGES..
2-150 watt radium 20k with 3 ATI blue plus T5 and one ati procolor T5(to bring out the reds)
vortech mp40..frags are in high flow... placed middle of my tank.. just started dosing amino acids

Red Planet
Rose Millie
Borealis acropora

I have a couple more i will take picture later on

Attachments

• DSC_2336.JPG
    DSC_2336.JPG
    244.7 KB · Views: 1,210
  • DSC_2331.JPG
    DSC_2331.JPG
    287.8 KB · Views: 1,130
  • DSC_2333.JPG
    DSC_2333.JPG
    252.6 KB · Views: 1,148
Last edited:

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
ora

here is some shots of my Pearlberry acro. and Bird of paradise i messed it up a little i let the frags touch they are all on the same frag rack

Attachments

• DSC_2382.JPG
    DSC_2382.JPG
    340.6 KB · Views: 1,080
  • DSC_2392.JPG
    DSC_2392.JPG
    243.8 KB · Views: 1,074
  • DSC_2383.JPG
    DSC_2383.JPG
    272.6 KB · Views: 1,096
  • DSC_2394.JPG
    DSC_2394.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 1,009

finksmart

SPS Fanatic
Vendor
Rating - 100%
268   0   0
It still retains some green in the shadowed part on its base. I have it in the middle of the tank. Running T5, 2 blue plus 2 blue special and 1 pro color. Crazy PE. Personally I don't want any green at all. But putting it too high will also remove its red. I'm trying to find a spot that can get me that bloody red.

finksmart

SPS Fanatic
Vendor
Rating - 100%
268   0   0
I have a pic of the Borealis in my FS thread. It sits way up in the tank and receives strong flow. Light is the TX5, all ATI bulbs. 8 hours on 2 Blue+ and 1 ProColor, then 5 hours with the addition of 2 Blue Special (daylight). Haven't checked PH for a long time. Last time I checked was around 8.0. I only test PO4 and calcium consistently now.

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
pearlberry

man that pearlberry is sweet, mine is nothing close to that..

thanks..well you should still post a picture a crappy cellphone pic will do if you can.

the reason i made this thread is because although our frags come from the same place our tank conditions and parameters will turn these into something totally different. if i like how one person has his frag growing i can make an attempt to recreate the conditions he has it under..

its been one week and i think some of my frags are already starting to change!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: